Images
    Country
    Australia

Has anybody used Aquastar or Aquarelle fluoro

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I like to hear from anybody that has used these light. Any comment on the quality of these light. By the way Sylvania Aquastar cost less than Philips Aquarelle where I live.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ikan, we only have aquastar in SG and I'm using them for my 6ft 6x8500k and 2x10k tubes (only changed once, coz cost a bomb, think its ard $50 in SIN).. didnt know philips have lights for aquatic purpose.. we prefer to use normal FL tubes, coz its cheaper and easily available.. how much is it in Aus?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    Just bought 4 Aquastar tube yesterday for my 4 ft tank. they cost AUS$13 each so it's about 11.50-12 SG$. Philips makes aquarium tube also like Aquarelle . It's the same thing 10,000k similar spectrum slightly different colour I was told. The shop assistant said they sell more Aquastar because it's cheaper and brings out better colour on fish.
    I also use 4 tubes for my 4x2x2 and lights up the ceiling like tennis court at night. I notice many people in Singapore use 6 - 8 tubes, that will keep the airconditiong going all day long in the room to cool down the water.
    Another thing, in Aus compact light is not available (or at least not in pet shops) so we either use standard fluoro or MH.
    Now, can you recommend me plants to grow that not too hard. So far I only have java moss, java fern and anubias nana. We can't buy taiwanese fern here.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ikan, FL dun really bring up the temp.. my 6ft is ard 29 with 8 FL tubes.. one reason is the size of the tank of coz.. envy u guys.. branded FL is costly here

as for plants, I take it as u want low maintenance plants? then try Amazon swords.. aka echinodorus, crypto will well and dun really need much maintenance except for the inital melting (emersed to submerse)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    I thought anything electrical is more expensive here. I have planted Amazon sword, hygro.. and anubias something yesterday. Hopefully the melting is not too bad. The plants here grown hydroponically so will have to adjust to the submerged env.
    I haven't done the CO2 yet, I will see if I need to use it. I have the valves with solenid from Petmart 18 months ago and haven't used it yet.
    Other than that the apistos are looking happy and the Rams are looking for spawning site. I like the A. nijseni, they are still juveniles but has nice colour and very active.