Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

CRS by overseas Mail

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My friend would like to send me some CRS by overseas mail.
    However may I know if I need to have a license to receive it?
    Does anyone how to go about doing it? Also how should the packing
    be done to transport safely? Appreciate your help

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Germany

Re: CRS by overseas Mail

Most countries have detailled regulations and if you sent without papers, it is smuggeling and shrimps can be destroyed and/or you'll have a punishement. Perhaps this information ist helpfull.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: CRS by overseas Mail

Frankly speaking, if it goes through SingPost and Singapore Customs happens to check the box for the contents, you might either get fined, or just a warning letter telling you that the box was confiscated and the contents destroyed.

It is not possible to send live animals through the mail from an outside source to Singapore, without the necessary importation permits. Contacting AVA for this might help, or get a fish farm to receive the shipment on your behalf, provided they have the necessary permits allowing them to do so.

Plus, you run the risk of seeing your shrimp die en route if improper packing and/or rough handling by the postal workers. Fedex or DHL might be able to do this, for a price, but as always, enquire first beforehand. If you use a courier service for this delivery, it will cost you a lot, both for your friend and yourself.

Proper packing methods would be placing the shrimps in separate breather bags and making sure that they were not fed 24-48 hours prior to the packing. A number of shrimps can be packed in a large single breather bag with an adequate amount of water, or divided into smaller numbers in smaller breather bags. They should then be placed in a styrofoam box with spacers in between the bags to prevent them from coming into contact with each other, as this might affect the gaseous exchange through the bag's membrane. Insulation might be required as well, if the shrimps are headed for a place that is currently having cold weather. This styrofoam box should then be placed in a bigger cardboard box to further protect it from impacts during shipment.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.