Country
    Malaysia

White spots on my new 4ft tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,
    Just bought a new 4 ft tank 2 weeks ago and noticed some white spots grown on the inner silicone of the tank. The white spots then turn into black (like fungus) after some times. Really no idea why. Need help

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Re: White spots on my new 4ft tank

Picture is included. Any idea? Please help....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

maybe you can give us a few more picture? maybe a far view and the whole view, are you able to clean it away and will it grow back? will it move, is it growing more everyday? totally no idea sorry not much a helper for you
    20+10 Gallon Tank Link | Light55w(PL) and Light13w(PL) | Normal Filter800L/per.hr | 3xDriftwood

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Thanks...finally got reply...haha. Ok...i will try to take more pictures...the white spots will grow and become black in color. From the 1st picture you will see some black spot which was white previously. Yes, you can clean it but will grow back into 1-2 days. It is a new tank. It is because i didnt clean it properly before filling with water? But i think i did oh...ah....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hmm.. have you put in any fishes or plant into the tank yet, or any dose of any medicine? really i cannot tell from the picture you have there are you able to dry your tank for a week or two see if it goes away after you fill back the water (if you have not added any fishes and/or plant&soil in your tank), new tank, likely you will be doing the fish-less cycle right?
    20+10 Gallon Tank Link | Light55w(PL) and Light13w(PL) | Normal Filter800L/per.hr | 3xDriftwood