Country
    Singapore

Freeze-Dried Tubiflex and Blood Worms

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Freeze-Dried Tubiflex and Blood Worms
    I saw the LFS selling the above from Ocean Free.

Thinking of buying them in replacement of the live worms which I hated because of the foul smell.

Any comments? Can they match the live ones?

OCEAN FREE Super BloodWorm (55 gm) : Best quality fresh freeze dried jumbo sized bloodworms.
    Biggest and fat sized bloodworms in the market
    Anti-bacteria sterilized
    High protein and mineral encased
    Multi-vitamins added
    Will not cloud water

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Freeze-Dried Tubiflex and Blood Worms

If you stay in the east, I can give u some to do testing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Stitch, I'll give you my frank assessment for both foods:

1) Freeze-dried tubifex

In my experience with this food item, it tends to float, rather than sink. Good for some fishes but several will just ignore it.

2) Freeze-dried bloodworm

By all purposes, it should be similar in certain aspects to the FD Tubifex. However, during the freeze-dry process, the worms tend to lose some nutritional value.

There are other competing brands, and I think you should view them all on your own, and compare the nutritional analysis, before making a purchase. Hikari sells them and I think I've seen several other brands offering the same products as well. Frankly speaking, none of these will match good quality live worms, but they are usually free of the problems associated with live worms. Just take note however, that if they are not fresh, they are just as likely to cause digestive problems for your fish as would dirty live worms.
    Last edited by stormhawk; 7th Mar 2010 at 10:02.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Tried FD Tubifex vs Live Tubifex. My fishes eat the live one but not the dried ones.

I even tried soaking it before feeding so that it sink and not float as what stormhawk mentioned. Some people mentioned that the FD food cause the fishes to bloat as they expand once they hit water. I have the Ocean free FD Tubifex still 98% full. Can pass to you the whole can if you live near AMK or Novena MRT and want to give it a go.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks Zonkkie. Let me try to coax it to eat pellets some more.
    You dont want to feed your babies with the FD Tubifex anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by zonkkie View Post
    Tried FD Tubifex vs Live Tubifex. My fishes eat the live one but not the dried ones.

I even tried soaking it before feeding so that it sink and not float as what stormhawk mentioned. Some people mentioned that the FD food cause the fishes to bloat as they expand once they hit water. I have the Ocean free FD Tubifex still 98% full. Can pass to you the whole can if you live near AMK or Novena MRT and want to give it a go.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Thanks Zonkkie. Let me try to coax it to eat pellets some more.
    You dont want to feed your babies with the FD Tubifex anymore?
    Nope, not feeding anymore because they really do not want to eat it. The last time I had a ammonia spike due to the uneaten food. Just drop me a PM if you want the can.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Zonkkie, if Stitch does not want the Ocean free FD Tubifex, then can let me have it for my Zebra and white cloud mountain to try. I am currently feeding them GEX flakes, algae wafers and green pea so wanted to let them have some "meat" to eat. I can meet you at Tomato town to collect from you only if Stitch don't want them. Thanks.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Zonkkie,

It's ok, can let Aquanoob have it first. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanoob View Post
    Hi Zonkkie, if Stitch does not want the Ocean free FD Tubifex, then can let me have it for my Zebra and white cloud mountain to try. I am currently feeding them GEX flakes, algae wafers and green pea so wanted to let them have some "meat" to eat. I can meet you at Tomato town to collect from you only if Stitch don't want them. Thanks.