Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best canister filter for a 2 feet planted..

Feedback Score
    -1 (33%)
    Country
    Singapore

Best canister filter for a 2 feet planted..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    any bro got any guide,review etc of wat canister filter should i get for my 2 ft? i tried OHF n HOF before.. but thinking of switching to canister filter.. thinking of the hagen fluval 105, tetra ex 60, boyu, hydor power 10 etc.. anyone have any advise? its for a 2 feet planted tank..
    To be a Rock & not to Roll..

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Best canister filter for a 2 feet planted..

bro. if you got the money and want low watt consumption. can go for eheim 2213 . good enough for 2 ft

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    -1 (33%)
    Country
    Singapore

how much is it roughly n where ideal place to get it?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

C328 have it. just visited today. The price should be around 90-100. Depends ah. didnt ask how much though when i visited just now.

If you ok with 2nd hand, can look for one. they are much cheaper

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

2213 and 2215 would be good
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hydor are mostly internal filters, you will find very limited information on this from the web. It can be as tall as 30cm. Will take up space hence your tank will have less space for planting and the fish accomodation. I have a Hydor R10 at the moment. To see an example >> visit Yishun AquaStar Trading. http://www.aquastar.com.sg/ (You have to physically go to the shop but the address at the website)

Now depending on your budget itself.
    Supposed you have $300 to spare, by all means go for a eheim. Its good but it comes with a price tag too.

Supposed you have $200 to spare, go for Hagen.

Supposed you have $100 to spare, you'd find other brand very expensive by now. Then you can go for a Jebao.

When buying an external filter, you also have to factor in filter medias such as activated carbon, bamboo charcoal, bio rings, etc. Usually these are quite cheap and less than $3 each. Now you still have to factor those accessories such as tubes, pipes, suction pads, etc also. So keep a budget that is open will keep your buying flexible.

$100-300 range you can best find it at C328, both Clementi Florist and Polyart have them. Despite the messiness at Clement Florist, they still have not show you all their stocks yet. So what you need to do is to identify the one you want (Brand/model) and ask the auntie. 1 Uncle is in charge of stock, the other is just to collect money. ^^" Rest of the stock are kept at 2nd floor.

Feedback Score
    -1 (33%)
    Country
    Singapore
    bro blue whale would a eheim 2213,2215 be good enough for 2 feet? i read some reviews say not that strong? so if let say i buy 2213, do i need to buy anything else? valve,rainbar etc? all included except media?

BTW, does aquastar have eheim products?? Last 2 weeks went there don't think I saw any eheim product..
    Last edited by Wackytpt; 14th Mar 2010 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you are using a very very strong flowrate one, it would create whirlpool effect, sucks up all the plants, that should be something within your thoughts. I can tell you already have something in mind you want to buy but have not decided whether to go ahead or not. Best place to look and see Eheim is still Qianhu, the accessories shop there.

Tell you what, why don't you look at the product itself.
    http://www.eheim.de/eheim/inhalte/in...ail_27510_ehen (Media set can click on picture link at the bottom of page)

Product Range:
    http://www.eheim.de/eheim/inhalte/in...9er_24958_ehen

I have experience usng eheim Pro II, 2028 on a 3ft. It was good. If you want to look at eheim Pro II, then 2026 might be a better choice. Again, it comes with a price tag. Filter media is supplied if you are not choosy, bio rings, gravels. The datasheet that used to come with the pages are no longer there. So you still have to calculate and match the water capacity of your 2ft. Note that 2ft can come with different height as well.

Okay, think I found it.
    http://www.eheimasiapacific.com/prod...r_classic.html

The top links will supply you information on the various lines. Pro 3e being the most poisonous for forumers at large. Below each page you can find the necessary information you required to make a decision. The rest is S eleven issue already. Home will provide you with a tank calculator or you can use the top link above AQ - Aquarium Calculator to help you. 2215 and 2026 flowrate same but different class.

As for your question on aquastar. Maybe this link gives you more info:
    http://www.eheimasiapacific.com/contact_sg.php
    Last edited by Wackytpt; 14th Mar 2010 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

can any experts elaborate if buy second hand eheim cannister, what are the points need to look for to at least make it worth the while to buy a second hand eheim if budget is a consideration.

also can all parts of an eheim cannister be replaceable. If not what are the parts which we should look out for if buy second hand, if cannot replace after purchase?
    thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

first make sure the motor is still working , then check the impeler make sure in good condition. Also check for the O-ring, normally this is the one that give up first. The good think is most if not all eheim spare part can be replace.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    -1 (33%)
    Country
    Singapore

It looks like a lot of people using eheim.. my budget preferably below 200 or 150.. is boyu and tetra ex ok? Really not sure wat I ahould get..
    Last edited by Wackytpt; 14th Mar 2010 at 13:08. Reason: sms lingo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

brand new 2213 is below $90 (no media nor valve) so you should have enough budget. Not sure the price for 2215 though
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    first make sure the motor is still working , then check the impeler make sure in good condition. Also check for the O-ring, normally this is the one that give up first. The good think is most if not all eheim spare part can be replace.
    thanks for the advice.
    the motor is really the one thing i worry most for second hand purchase, cos it is the most expensive item in the cannister I think?
    Do people also replace the motor if it is spoilt after we purchase second hand, or that is the end of the road and no point replacing it cos of the price involved?
    thanks.

btw, the 2213 you mentioned, is it suitable for a 2 or 3 footer?
    thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

2213 for 2ft is just right as long as you don't put anything inline such as CO2 reactor or chiller. I usen 2213 for my 2ft. However it is too low for 3ft tank.

So far I never experience motor problem. It build to last because there is no moving part so there is no wear and tear. On the other hand, Impeller and O-ring are the one that show sign of wear and tear.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Saiberg View Post
    It looks like a lot of ppl using eheim.. my budget preferably below 200 or 150.. is boyu n tetra ex ok? Really not sure wat I ahould get..
    Instead of buying at the moment. Goto Qianhu. Note that the bus is hourly so you should refer to the timetable if you are going by bus. Else, you could choose MRT >> Cab in then Bus out as alternative if you are not driving.

I am fickle minded in this sense like you. Hence a good idea would be to see what to get, how much it cost. Having done this homework you find your product knowledge would increase as well. If you make the decision to go ahead and buy due to impulse, you might regret later. Hence, go and see then come back again. I am sure you will have question like which filter media should you get, etc. Don't confine yourself to just 1 or 2 models. Look at Pro II as well. If it means another month of saving another $50-100, then I think it is worth the wait as well.

To ensure that you don't buy anything, go down when you are most tired, then you won't tempt yourself to carry it back.

External filters are usually configurable. There are things such as lily pipes (Like DoAqua), CO2 reactor that can be use together with the filter, skimmers, etc. Don't bother yourself with such things yet. These can come later. The immediate attention is to have a filter that works efficiently according to the filter media that you choose.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just wondering, i see 2213 need to buy a valve. What does it do? All along using jebo, feel like changing to ehiem.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i have a 2 ft tank myself. using an Atman CF-600 canister filter. i must say it is one of the more well-built "non-eheim" brands. this Atman flow rate is about 740litre/hour, and i am using it with a chiller for my 2 ft with no problem. it is also very quiet, can't hear any noise/vibration at all. it is packaged quite compactly and neatly and comes with "taps" to control the flow or on/off during maintenance. the head is easily detached so that the canister can be easily serviced every few months. price-wise i got for around $60, including some media. I topped up with Eheim substrat pro and mech and that cost total around $90+ all in.

just so you know, eheim's are really good investment for long term, but not the only brand you should consider. if you have a small budget like me, i think the Atman will be perfect for you. comes with rain bar and all necessary pipings in transparent black plastic (which to me, looks a bit better than green plastic, not that i am using them anyway, i using glass pipes) so you dont need to get any additional pipings.

hope this helps!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Good Am Bros & Sis,

I been using a Ehiem 2222 pro (500l/hr, Head 1.3m, 8 watts) for my 2 Ft Planted Tank (60L x 30W x 45H) for almost one year. And is In line with a Chiller and CO2 Diffuser. So far I don not find it is underpower.

And

Another Shrimp Tamk (45L x 30W x 40H) is using a Ehiem 2213 (420l/hr, Head 1.5m, 8 watts). And is in line with a Chiiler too. And Flow rate is Ok.

In my opinion, although Ehiem External Filter are more expernsive than Atman or Jebo Filters, but we do need to consider the Power Consumption. If I am not wrong Atman CF 600 is consumpting 18Watts. And Ehiem 2224 pro is consumpting 8w of 700 l/hrs.

For your info, please.

thks/rgds.

malvin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

not only watts, you also need to consider life expectancy and availability of spare part.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

To: Mr Shadow,

Yes, agree.

Thks/rgds.

malvin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast