Images
    Country
    Singapore

What exactly is Power Sand?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    What exactly is Power Sand and How does it rate as compare to lonestar, and other makes
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If i remember correctly, it's volcanic soil.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    IMHO the soil one is ADA AquaSoil, ADA power sand is substrate.
    Ariel

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ADA Aquasoil - Aqua Soil series has been developed after deep research in natural environments. The Aqua Soils are active substrates, like in nature, rich of nutrients and active bacteria. Developed to create the image of Amazonia.
    Creates an aquascape depicting the fertile South American rainforest with the dynamic alternation of rainy and dry seasons.

ADA PowerSand - Power Sand is the base of the Nature Aquarium substrate. Power Sand is composed of porous volcanic stones to secure proper water circulation for the organic materials including fertile peat, to provide rich nutrients for the aquatic plant roots. Ideal conditions for bacterial activity and development of plant roots are created and maintained for long periods with Power Sand.

Source from Aquagoods.com

Acutally there are alot of products to be place on the substrate...IMO u'll be spending a bomb before even adding the water =) so use what is ness, and forgo the rest.

No point spending a bomb in yr substrade when you save on other equipment like lights,CO2...etc.

my 2cts worth.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ha, just about to ask if anyone has experience with Power Sand. Anyone care to share any experience with Power Sand?

I did a search in The Krib and found minority of people having problem to control algae bloom after using it. But most people gave positive feedback.

I am thinking of using it as my base substrate and Aquasoil as gravel for my upcoming new tank. Any comment?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just asking, where can i get power sand? Never seen it locally before. Didin't get it when i was at HK and Jap.

Will not miss it if i ever get there again. Just asking if anybody wants to get it from overseas, can tong pang?[]
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just got to know from the lfs that he will be having Aquasoil and Power sand in sometime this week depending on his supplier. Seems like there is a distributor in Sgp now.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    distributor is keong seong, so if you want full range go there.
    (check the LFS list before you ask for the address.)

Feedback Score
    powrsand is realli damn good.but the price quite steep.used it last time.but something bad abt it is their nutrients will depleted in abt a yr time so based and liquid nutrients is required after that.

secondly,somehow or rather they can make your water damn clear but once you touch the soil their will form a cloudy effect in the water again.just my sharing exp for this volcanic soil.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 5/28/2003 4:01:57 AM

powrsand is realli damn good.but the price quite steep.used it last time.but something bad abt it is their nutrients will depleted in abt a yr time so based and liquid nutrients is required after that.

secondly,somehow or rather they can make your water damn clear but once you touch the soil their will form a cloudy effect in the water again.just my sharing exp for this volcanic soil.

Cheers
    ----------------
    are you referring to aquasoil or powersand?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica