yes, i think i saw a few bottles left 2 days ago, but better to call them to double check, don't make a wasted trip down.![]()




yes, i think i saw a few bottles left 2 days ago, but better to call them to double check, don't make a wasted trip down.![]()

C328 does stock various brands of brine shrimp eggs. I have no idea on price but if you buy them by the can, be prepared to pay a fair bit. I saw some small boxes of brine shrimp eggs from Ocean Nutrition, at the desk near the cash register.
Fish.. Simply Irresistable
Back to Killies... slowly.
hi all, anyone culture their own brine shrimp at home to feed your fish? care to share some tips on setups and things to note like water salinity, temperture, and lighting? I've enquired at Y618 and was told that don't need light, but also read online that light is needed but not too bright.
Please share your views!




used the inverted 1.5litre plastic bottle methods,
add in 2 spoon of rocksalt (recommend sea water salt,amount depends on your brand of BBS),
add in aeration,
wait for it to hatch ( days/hours depends on the beand of BBS)
after hatched, off the aeration,
wait for it to simmer down, ( hached bbs will sink to bottom, top will be the shell)
used a pipe or turkey bluster to siphon out the hatched BBS.
rinsed the harvested BBS (depends on individual).
CHeers..
I've placed the bottle right side up with airstone, is this setup ok? The airstone is placed at corner to ensure no 'dead spots' where air can't stir up eggs; most have hatched but hpw do you differenciate shells of hatched BBS and unhatched eggs?
I learnt that BBS eat algae that are also available at LFS; what are their food called?
Should I leave airstone on after they have hatched for optumim aeration?




hatched timing depends on the quality of BBS eggs.
hatched bbs will be mostly sink to the bottom after 5 minutes the air stone is turned off, un-hatch eggs or shell will be floating.
keeping BBS to adult size needs time, best to keep in fridge if got excess.
CHeers..
Bookmarks