Country
    Singapore

How do I use amno lock?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I wanted to reduce the ammonia level in my 1feet tank filtered by Eden 501.

I bought a bottle of this liquid called AMNOLOCK from polyart who told me that this helps.

I put the recommended 2.5ml to my 18litre tank 2 nights ago and today, I discovered one of my goldfish died.

I quickly changed half of the water and hope the one goldfish left in the tank will survive. Fingers crossed.

How do I use this medication? What might have gone wrong?

Grateful for any advice.

THanks

Michael

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How do I use amno lock?

Actually a water change will suffice to reduce ammonia. A planted tank itself will usually reduce ammonia as well. Gold fish are very sensitive, much sensitive than your normal community fishes. Perhaps due to the generation of cross breeding, usually I won't be so adventurous to go try a product that fetches less than 10 links from google. Not many people uses Amnolock, neither do I, so there is simply insufficient information. Those available links just shows similar cases as you. Suggest you don't use first till you can source out more info for the time being.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

how did you know that you may have problems with ammonia in your tank?
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

AMNO Lock or AMMO Lock? By which company? Generally, there is nothing wrong with the dosage recommended on a product, but they are usually meant to handle a 'normal' situation.

If your fish still died, then I'ld look into why the fish still died? Maybe not from ammonia poisoning. Or, there is a (abnormally) huge source of ammonia in your tank and the normal Amno Lock dosage is not able to handle it.

So, like tawauboy asked... how did you determine that ammonia is the problem in the first place?

How big are your gold fish? How big is your tank (18 litre is probably a 1.5 feet tank)? What is your tank set up? (Other fishes? Aeration? If planted: Any substrate? How much plants (if any)? Lighting? CO2? etc)
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi,

Thanks. I changed water. The last goldfish there looks drowsy and refuses to eat anymore. Looks like his days are numbered. I have changed water. What else can I do?

I used the test kit to check the ammonia level. According to the chart, it looks rather high especially after I introduced the 2nd goldfish that died. The water smells weird too.

Think I will keep to a single goldfish in the tank.

Thanks again

Michael

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is your tank cycled? How long has it been setup? I would think that your filter BB has not been established yet..