Attached pic






Attached pic

Saw some today - however you will have to come up to BKK to get them. An aquarium / pet shop had them in a tank with Sturgens ( spelling ?? )








Just like to check here, aren't paddlefish a filter feeders? Will the standard tank have sufficient zooplankton to feed them?

Yes from what I have read they are filter feeders. A friend from Sydney said one may be able to feed them daphnia or brine shrimp. Another problem is that they grow quite large - around 7 ft, bit big for a normal tank.
Sims - you could get a cheap flight to BKK pick one up & be back home before anyone noticed you had gone (LOL)





Since it is not a Singapore LFS, could you share the price with me?

J M
I will check the price tomorrow or saturday. I did not bother last week as I have no intentions of keeping them. I am in the process of setting up a vivarium for some aquatic snakes at the moment & have to get material's on wednesday when we take the car. I get the train on saturdays. I will post details when at hand
If you dont mind me asking are you Aust. or just living there ??.
Btw they also need cold water as they are a temperate species, and they get big, really big.




J M
I went to the shop today to check prices but it was closed , along with a lot of others as it is a week long holiday in Thailand. I should be going on Saturday anyway so will check the price then
Apparently the distribution ( range ) of paddlefish was quite extensive but has shrunk due to various reasons. I think they are being captive bred ( farmed ) for re-introduction back into the wild
Sims - interesting to hear they eat small fish when young if so they might be relatively easy to keep but as mentiond they do grow quite big.

J M
I checked the cost of the Paddles today. They are approx. SING$22 or AUD$17. The guy told me they are the Chinese species not the yank species.



Bookmarks