Country
    Singapore

Cherry Shrimp tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,
    i set up a 1 ft shrimp tank with java moss... have 10 cherry shrimps, 5 tiger shrimps and 5 bee shrimps... the tiger and bee shrimps did not last long. however my cherry shrimps are great... i saw many tiny organisms jumping, swimming around. looks like a comma. pretty minute, can't really make up what they are... are they baby shrimps? there are many of them now. it started with only a few visible but now it's almost everywhere around the moss bed. so anyone who has this experience, please advise. thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Most probably baby shrimps.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, cherry shrimps breed easily. You can see them as small as 2mm, already look like a shrimp! Provide lots of moss, cool temperature & you will get generation after generation..
    Even with fish like rummy-nose around they will still multiply for they are extremely fast creature. One flick & they're gone. Most will show their red colour around 1cm. If you have an Eheim surface skimmer, you will have shrimps in your filter sooner or later. 'Harvest' them every month(they survive in the filter actually!). For some reason I don't know, bee & tiger just disappear away in the same tank..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    They are not the baby cherry shrimp. Baby cherry shrimp looks link the adult on just that they're much smaller in size.
    Those white dots in the tank are 'water fleas' and they're always present in our tanks. But if there are fishes in the tank, you'll not be able to see them easily as before they can grow into visable size, they'll be eaten by the fishes.

Please refer to the image from my 1.5ft cherry shrimp breeding tank. It shows the adult and baby cherry shrimps feeding together.

Follow the link for more images.

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~asltgk/asl/Fishes/Shrimps/Page%201.htm
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My tiger shrimp and glass shrimp also have new born, but up to now, I do not know what to feed them, but notices that stay near to the spainach leaf that I feed the cherry shrimp.

May be you can try to.

Fyi

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/12/2003 3:28:40 PM

They are not the baby cherry shrimp. Baby cherry shrimp looks link the adult on just that they're much smaller in size.
    Those white dots in the tank are 'water fleas' and they're always present in our tanks. But if there are fishes in the tank, you'll not be able to see them easily as before they can grow into visable size, they'll be eaten by the fishes.

Please refer to the image from my 1.5ft cherry shrimp breeding tank. It shows the adult and baby cherry shrimps feeding together.

Follow the link for more images.

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~asltgk/asl/Fishes/Shrimps/Page%201.htm

----------------
    do you use filter in your shrimps tank?