Country
    Singapore

Smile hello

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hello,

I'm new here & to Singapore. I just moved here some months ago.

I'm looking to set up a cichlid tank and I hope I can get some pointers here.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: hello

Hi there, welcome, what type of cichlids ? There are many who is specialize in Dwarf cichlids. But I think the number of keepers for Tanganyika cichlids and Malaw cichlids are quite small in AQ.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hi,

i'm quite keen to set up a "lake Malawi" tank, but after looking around AQ, I didn't find much input here, compared to the South American dwarf cichlid. So I came to the conclusion that maybe Rift Lake setup is not so popular here? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am thus contemplating switching to dwarf cichlids... haven't really made up my mind yet, though.

Am still researching online for more articles/personal experience from enthusiasts and guide in setting 1 up.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Why not - if you are the first to start a biotope lake malawi. However, getting the original species might be tough. Because the African cichlids markets are polluted with many crosses. Even the Europe market is in a mess now.

For dwarf cichlids - you will need 3 feet for each pair in order to do well. However, you can keep many pairs by having multiple tanks. It can be draining. You have been warned. It is addictive.