Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Shrimp breeding tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, i been wondering since so many bro in AQ have succeed in creating a breeding tank so what will be the ideal and simple breeding tank that is easy to create.

Cheers
    ivan

Seeking For The True Tank

http://insider.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Shrimp breeding tank

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Hi, i been wondering since so many bro in AQ have succeed in creating a breeding tank so what will be the ideal and simple breeding tank that is easy to create.

Cheers
    bro, check out the invertebrate section. lots of free information for you to download.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post

Cheers
    Simplest one is to add lots of java moss, no need substrate. It will be good to have at least a sponge filter and provide some lighting for the moss. This setup is good for shrimps (like sakura and red cherries) which do not require cooler temperatures.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bro,

it really depends on what sort of tank you would like. If it is solely for breeding purposes, I think a simple setup with neatly tied fissiden or pelia would suffice for shrimps and besides it is easier to see your shrimp (any deaths) or to catch them out later without the hassle of obstrussive plants.

However, if you want the tank to be more visually pleasing i.e planted tank, then of course breeding is still possible but like i mentioned, it may be hard to find your shrimps later or to catch out pesky parasites that you MAY encounter as a shrimp breeder.

Like bro Kendrick mentioned, do check out the invertebrates section. Many dos and don'ts available there. Why learn from your own mistakes when you can learn from others =) . Like you, i'm still a beginner, still learning along the way. Started with cherries and upgraded from there. Since you're starting, it is advisable to get some hands on first with cheaper, easier shrimps to care for such as cherries, malayans or maybe sakuras. No chiller necessary for those and even IF they do die, not so heartache =P

cheers. Welcome to shrimp breeding bro.