Country
    Singapore

Little Assasins?!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bros,

Do Helena snails (Assasin snails) lay eggs and fertilise them even if it is an individual lone snail? i Bought one some time ago to put in my tank and this morning while observing the shrimps, I noticed MANY baby assasin snails! they are really tiny even smaller than a shrimplet but able to see their distinct stripes and the "air tube"? in the front.

I was quite amazed as i didn't expect a lone snail to be able to reproduce. Anyway, they are really cute!

Will the Big helena eat it's babies? snail-lets? Should i separate them?

Anyone who experience breeding them before, some advice will be great =)

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Little Assasins?!

hi bro,

from my experience, i got these snails in the past to get rid of my snail problem. now that the pond snail problem is gone, they have started to breed. however, i dont mind cause they are cute! from what i know, there is possibility that they will eat each other. i do see some empty helena snail shells in my tank but they normally would feed on the shrimp food when i throw it inside =)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Little Assasins?!

Hi bro madnugget,

yes they are really cute..like a super miniature! oh in that case i better preserve some by separating them out =) It still amazes me how they managed to breed considering i only had one snail to begin with..and i thought only lizards could change their sex..who knows?? maybe snails can lay and fertilise their own eggs =)