Country
    Singapore

Pre-made hood

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

My tank is an imported tank with a hood specifically designed for it.... It will 3 FL (30 W) attached to it. Know anyone or shop that can help retrofit or customized the hood to replace the FL with PL? Looks like they are attached to the hood with Silicone sealant, how to remove them?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    send to Chan at Nature Aquarium. the add is in the LFS List.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have a similar question. Would want to start on a 2ft tank with hood and 2 x 36W PL lights. What i know is Chan sells the lights for $100, but that would mean i have to DIY my own hood to enclose the lights (i think open concept quite ugly...). Another alternative is buy a hooded tank and ask Chan to mod the hood to house 2 x 36W PL, but i have reservations, cos i afraid it cannot be done meaning i am stuck with a useless hood.

Which alternative is easier? Or does Chan also customise hoods as well? Also, does having a hood mean i die die have to include a cooler fan even if the lights are using eballast? Many thanks!
    ============================
    NEON TETRAS WOULD BE PERFECT IF NOT FOR THE ^#&*!()%@^&@%# NEON TETRA DISEASE!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Personally I find a hood a real hindrance in tank maintenance, water changing etc.... and it also traps heat and makes the tank setup look top-heavy. You might want to re-consider the hood option....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The hood prevents evaporation and other wierd stuff(dust, beetles , lizards) from settling/dropping in. However it's can be warm in there.... temperate of water upz by 1 to 1.5 degree.

My hood gave my tank the complete look ( same colour and design ) and covers the entire tank top , looked kinda wierd with those black overhanging hood attached....

Other question I need to ask is , does NA or other LFS helps repaint the hood bottom ? I want the portion with the lights to be glossy white for better reflectivity.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    ----------------
    Other question I need to ask is , does NA or other LFS helps repaint the hood bottom ? I want the portion with the lights to be glossy white for better reflectivity.
    ----------------
    you can put in an aluminium light reflector. this will be better than glossy white. you can even comb your hair with it.[]
    thomas liew