3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Question Need help with carpet plant

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi I have a 2ft low tech set up. No chiller. Can someone recommend a suitable carpet plant. I had in mind the Apek plant but could not find them so looking for other alternative. Please also advise how to grow them. Whether need to be tied to wire mesh or just stub it into the soil. Will very much appreciate your input. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Need help with carpet plant

you could try on marsilea hirsuta if you like. IMO it is suitable to grow in low tech tank, although growth rate will be slow. works for my tank.

Taken from the web. I do not own the photo

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by diazman View Post
    you could try on marsilea hirsuta if you like. IMO it is suitable to grow in low tech tank, although growth rate will be slow. works for my tank.

Taken from the web. I do not own the photo

Hi bro thanks for the input. Its look nice. Is there another commonly understood name for it. I never heard it before. By the way where do you think i could get this plant?.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The Marsilea family has a common name as Water Clover as they can have 4 leaves that look like clover. (They have 1, 2,3 leaves too) You can get it at C328 as it is almost always available there for $5 a tub or you can try to buy at the marketplace.
    I have hirsuta in my low-tech tank too but they are growing slowly and not form a carpet yet. Another foreground plant you can consider is Sagittaria subulata (Dwarf Sagittaria).
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanoob View Post
    The Marsilea family has a common name as Water Clover as they can have 4 leaves that look like clover. (They have 1, 2,3 leaves too) You can get it at C328 as it is almost always available there for $5 a tub or you can try to buy at the marketplace.
    I have hirsuta in my low-tech tank too but they are growing slowly and not form a carpet yet. Another foreground plant you can consider is Sagittaria subulata (Dwarf Sagittaria).
    Hi Aquanoob that was a big help. Will pay a visit to C328 over the weekend. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I had fissiden as carpet plant and they looked very nice once mature.
    Take a while for it to mature but worth the wait