Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Questions on money plants...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Any bros here used money plants in low-tech tanks. I'm talking about really low-tech with no fertilizers or substrate.

I'm actually planning to put some money plants or java moss into my individual betta tanks with minimal lighting. Meaning there will probably only be lights when i am admiring my bettas (around 1 to 2 hours a day).

Do you think the plants will survive? Or are there more suitable plants? I've tried with Nana plants, but they tend to die after 2 weeks or so.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Questions on money plants...

Take note that money plants grown in soil will need to be accustomed to water. When it happens, you will notice different roots growing out for nutrient absorption from water.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I have money plant in my tank. No CO2 or fertilisation. I use money plant because my kois 'murder' the plants. My nanas were eaten down to nothing. Money plants grow easily and when a plant look particularly dreadful, I take fresh ones from my wife's many pots around the house.

I have not experienced soil to water problems. Some of my wife's pot are with soil, others just water. She propagates them by putting cut leaves in water.

I had a few in betta tanks before the bettas died on me. Did well. No lights. Just indirect sunlight and room lights.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ivanthensf View Post
    Take note that money plants grown in soil will need to be accustomed to water. When it happens, you will notice different roots growing out for nutrient absorption from water.
    So how do i accustom the normal money plants from soil to water?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by fisherw View Post
    I have money plant in my tank. No CO2 or fertilisation. I use money plant because my kois 'murder' the plants. My nanas were eaten down to nothing. Money plants grow easily and when a plant look particularly dreadful, I take fresh ones from my wife's many pots around the house.

I have not experienced soil to water problems. Some of my wife's pot are with soil, others just water. She propagates them by putting cut leaves in water.

I had a few in betta tanks before the bettas died on me. Did well. No lights. Just indirect sunlight and room lights.

Thanks for the help bro. But after sometime without enough lighting it will still die off? Because the last time i tried it, the plants turned yellowish in a week. So is it due to insufficient lighting or probably the water lack nutrients because i change water for my bettas once every 3 days.