Country
    Singapore

CO2 system

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all
    thinking of getting a pressuried co2 system...
    if i want to buy a smallest or rather cheapest system, roughly how much will it cost me?
    Budget user here haha..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: CO2 system

I think the most expensive component in a CO2 setup would be the regulator which controls the flow of CO2 out of the canister. If it has an attached solenoid which would allow you to control the flow of CO2 to a timer, then those can cost you upwards of 100 dollars. On the upside, those things don't wear out easily so they can be considered long-term investments, and with minor additional cost, can allow you to feed CO2 to more than 1 tank.

Try trawling the marketplace for good deals. There was a rash of CO2 setups going on sale a couple of weeks back.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

agreed with Wolf...
    My regulator with solenoid cost me $100-150 (cannot remember) 4.5 years back.
    The regulator is still working fine.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

C328 selling package.. I think is $98 for cylinder, manual solenoid, bubble counter plus three O.F soil fertilizers; Another is $188 same package but with electronic solenoid..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by steed1111 View Post
    C328 selling package.. I think is $98 for cylinder, manual solenoid, bubble counter plus three O.F soil fertilizers; Another is $188 same package but with electronic solenoid..
    Thanks for the informations

Electronic solenoid better then manual is it??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

manual solenoid? you mean manual regulator?

basically there are 2 type or regulator, manual and automatic. Manual regulator normally come with 1 pressure gauge where as automatic regulator come with 2 pressure gauge, one to indicate pressure inside the tank and the second one to indicate regulated pressure. Problem with manual regulator is difficult to fine tune the output because 1000psi is to much. Normally you will hear complain about unstable output with manual regulator.

Taiwan brand solenoid regulator cost around $80 where as German brand is about double.

Solenoid is another thing, its function is just to open and close the CO2. In other word you can also connect solenoid to manual regulator but it wont make it any better in term of output fine tunning. Normally solenoid regulator that sell at LFS is come with automatic regulator.

you can check below from some write up about CO2 setup
    http://www.littlegreencorner.com/setuptips_co2.html
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi stee111

for the $98, how many litres? hmmm any comment on manual & electronic solenoid? I read some article and seem electronic type will be better in controlling the bubble rate...

so the whole system is just plug & enjoy type? or need to do done configuration?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

BTW what is C328? where can i find C328?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by awallisk View Post
    BTW what is C328? where can i find C328?
    Hi

a shop selling aquarium things...

located at clementi....take mrt to clementi station and turn right upon exit ......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

thanks danny...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by dannyfish View Post
    Hi stee111

for the $98, how many litres? hmmm any comment on manual & electronic solenoid? I read some article and seem electronic type will be better in controlling the bubble rate...

so the whole system is just plug & enjoy type? or need to do done configuration?
    2 litre cylinder. If you are using the manual regulator, you control the bubble manually and also you cannot set the timing for it to operate..unless you are ok with it running 24/7.. I never used manual before.. but heard that the bubbling is inconsistent and you have to readjust it often..

For the electronic regulator, normally you got to buy another timer control so that you could set CO2 to operate when your lights are turn on..

You just need to fix the regulator on the cylinder.. quite easy.. Alternatively, you cold ask the uncle to help you fixed lor..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

a 'manual regulator' is not a regulator at all.
    it is a valve which you turn to control the flow. so it is almost impossible to control the co2 bubble rate.

a real regulator's function is just to provide a fixed lower output pressure. inside the co2 cylinder, the pressure is 1000+ psi so it is necessary to reduce the pressure to <50psi. otherwise we'll have to spend a fortune to pipe the co2 to our aquariums. usually such regulators comes with 2 gauges; one showing pressure in co2 cylinder and the other showing the output pressure. and there is no electronic regulator; it's a mechanical device.

adding a solenoid valve does nothing except to allow you to use
    a) a timer to control the on-off time of co2 injection based on time
    b) a ph controller to control co2 injection based on ph level

a needle valve is the "magical" device that helps in controlling co2 bubble rate.

so a full-fledge co2 system consists of a regulator, a solenoid valve (solenoid + valve), a needle valve, a co2 reactor/diffuser and a timer/ph controller.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

any feedback on this co2 basic package from c328 ?
    2 litre cylinder. If you are using the manual regulator, you control the bubble manually and also you cannot set the timing for it to operate..unless you are ok with it running 24/7.. I never used manual before.. but heard that the bubbling is inconsistent and you have to readjust it often..

For the electronic regulator, normally you got to buy another timer control so that you could set CO2 to operate when your lights are turn on..

You just need to fix the regulator on the cylinder.. quite easy.. Alternatively, you cold ask the uncle to help you fixed lor..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i think the one at NA might be cheaper.. i think i saw 59 if not 69 for a whole set.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by NingNing View Post
    i think the one at NA might be cheaper.. i think i saw 59 if not 69 for a whole set.
    Hello Ning Ning

May I know the set you referring to consist of what items?
    Thank

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi danny,

2L Co2 tank , manual regulator. not sure if have bubble counter (it cost less then 10 for one).
    If you have preference for ferts and its not ocean free. it might not be wise for you.

consider which one is closer to your place as topping up is a vital factor.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    hi danny,

2L Co2 tank , manual regulator. not sure if have bubble counter (it cost less then 10 for one).
    If you have preference for ferts and its not ocean free. it might not be wise for you.

consider which one is closer to your place as topping up is a vital factor.
    Hi Felix

thank for your advise..
    i still hanging onto my diy Co2 system.
    but now are itchy to get a pressuried co2 system...

1 question, where to top up the Co2 for pressuried system?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I check with the lady boss on the co2 system but too bad no stock. Tried to ask how many litres but didnt managed to get the answer ...too busy haha

any 1 has bought co2 system from there recently?...can share share how its look like?