1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi everyone. Im James.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi there, Im James from Singapore (unsure if this is a Singaporean community or International one )

Anyway, Im new to the hobby too. I just got a new tank (30litres?) but planning to upgrade to a 3-4ft tank.

I want to have bigger tanks so I do not need to upgrade anytime soon, also i enjoy the lesser space constrains when it comes to decorating my tank.

i currently have 1 pufferfish, 1 angelfish, 3 kissing gourami (idk how to spell), 4 cherry barbs, 1 algae eater, 1 zebra snail.

i have some plants too. i only know the name of 1, which is willow.

also have a moss called Java.

My target in here, is to learn how to set up a nice tank full of plants, that would create a more peaceful ambience in my room.

hence, my tank would be more... plant-based i would say.

==

totally brand new to this, i would appreciate some help, which i would list down:

1. a crash course on this hobby. wouldnt mind spending 1 full day to listen to you

from the different tanks -materials, designs - to the different filter systems -top filter, submerged, canister- to the different lighting systems - T5 as i heard - to the many types of plants and fish and shrimp, to the type of gravel, sand, soil, to nitrogen cycle/CO2 related stuffs. And lastly, what to get, and where to get, so as to set up a proper tank, at the lowest costs.

i have started about 1 week ago, so i have minimal knowledge.

2. i have interest in growing moss.

i seen people selling plates of moss. im really keen to learn the art of it. also, want to master how to arrange the plants in the tank for best visual presentation.

3. seek free advice

then again, im James, and any Singaporean is welcomed to contact me at 8.222.58.98.

look forward to learning more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hi everyone. Im James.

hi james.welcome to this forum

Feedback Score
    Country
    Croatia

Re: Hi everyone. Im James.

hello james, like you I want to learn more and gain some experience