Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Wondering if tiger shrimps are still out there

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all. I've been away from Singapore and the shrimp hobby for bout a year now, was in australia for a job. And i was wondering tiger shrimps are still in the market. Been to 328 and Wuhu but didn't see them. Could any bros please advise?

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Wondering if tiger shrimps are still out there

it is still available in stores. c328 keeps their tiger shrimps in the bags at the back of the store, sometimes you have to search quite thoroughly as the tiger shrimps are somewhere hidden in the middle or the back of all the bags. Dont expect to find them at wuhu, wuhu doesnt sell a lot of shrimps. I think you can try petmart in serangoon or crs haven in tampines (quite expensive, but you get to choose).

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You can get tiger shrimps at NA too. Saw a few packets last weekend.
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

grab the last bag i saw there is even hybrid tiger in them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
    grab the last bag i saw there is even hybrid tiger in them.
    Care to show your newly bought hybrid tiger?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Xmant View Post

Will try but bro they are nothing like those u have..... it more like the starting phase of their hybrid 1 have a tail like the bees have with 4 spot. Another one i can't find it i don't is it got eaten of what i keep moving the princers around trying to find it. But don't where have it gone too. Another piece have some of those like crs little white patches on the head only now the patches seem to have faded off. Will try to get some pic to show the off colour hybrid. I was thinking of moving them out but no chiller to keep them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hmm maybe i'm just unlucky then haha. Yeah probably will try 328 again sometime soon.

Thanks guys for the inputs!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

PC270259.jpg
    PC270265.jpg

Are they consider starting of hybrid? There are 2 more piece but they keep hiding.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by lindwurmx View Post
    Hmm maybe i'm just unlucky then haha. Yeah probably will try 328 again sometime soon.

Thanks guys for the inputs!

Cheers!
    Bro if u have the time or lately due to year end try to drop by seaview and 328 mostly able to find but they are gone very fast.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks avex30,

Strangely enough i did go down to seaview today before i read your post and managed to score a bag of 50 pcs. Haha. They don't look very nice though. Hopefully they'll settle in and show their true colors and with enough luck maybe breed out a blue one. Haha wish me luck.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Are they consider starting of hybrid? There are 2 more piece but they keep hiding.
    Hey Avex, very nice tiger shrimps.
    The blue piece is nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bettafantastic View Post
    Hey Avex, very nice tiger shrimps.
    The blue piece is nice.
    Thanks bro the colour just started to show after sometimes weird i got another piece green headed one >.<

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

hi bro avex, In my honest opinion, i dont think they are hybrid, i have some that are also like that. But i like your blue one a lot, very very good catch with a deep blue . Reg your tiger shrimps having green heads, i think that should be quite normal, mine have yellow heads and tails.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by lucasjiang View Post
    hi bro avex, In my honest opinion, i dont think they are hybrid, i have some that are also like that. But i like your blue one a lot, very very good catch with a deep blue . Reg your tiger shrimps having green heads, i think that should be quite normal, mine have yellow heads and tails.
    Arh okie i was thinking like maybe i hit jackpot got some 1st generation hybrid cause i spot one with 4 dots on the tails but have since faded off....... Have anyone seen super tiger being sold in Singapore?

I m currently looking for golden eye blue tiger (not the crs selling one those are high grade pcs) But just normal blue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

avex30, those 2 that you have shown were unlikely to be hybrid. F1 hybrid can be easily differentiated from normal tiger. As to reach the Tibees that I have shown in my thread, it took F3 to appear in my case. However, not all of them appeared that way. Now, I am on my way to F4. I got a female berried on Christmas day.

Side note for those who are interested in keeping tiger
    They should not be kept with crs initially when you buy from lfs as they need slightly higher gH than crs. You should not be surprised to get slightly tinted blue tiger from lfs. In fact, they are under stress IMO. If you keep them for the next few days in good & stable water parameters, they should turn to light yellowish-green. Tiger tends to produce a lot if the conditions are right and vice versa.

Can one breed a true blue tiger?
    Yes, you can. However, you need to breed many rounds to reach there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

avex30, those 2 that you have shown were unlikely to be hybrid. F1 hybrid can be easily differentiated from normal tiger. As to reach the Tibees that I have shown in my thread, it took F3 to appear in my case. However, not all of them appeared that way. Now, I am on my way to F4. I got a female berried on Christmas day.

Side note for those who are interested in keeping tiger
    They should not be kept with crs initially when you buy from lfs as they need slightly higher gH than crs. You should not be surprised to get slightly tinted blue tiger from lfs. In fact, they are under stress IMO. If you keep them for the next few days in good & stable water parameters, they should turn to light yellowish-green. Tiger tends to produce a lot if the conditions are right and vice versa.

Can one breed a true blue tiger?
    Yes, you can. However, you need to breed many rounds to reach there.
    Arh bro that explain why it i was wondering when was it the original colour or was it other factor now i don't see that pcs liao.

Bro can enlighten me cause last tank my tiger start turning abit orange than after like 1 week they die. now a few of my tiger turning into that colour i m sorta of worried. Is it normal or what condition is that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Arh bro that explain why it i was wondering when was it the original colour or was it other factor now i don't see that pcs liao.

Bro can enlighten me cause last tank my tiger start turning abit orange than after like 1 week they die. now a few of my tiger turning into that colour i m sorta of worried. Is it normal or what condition is that?
    Tiger can't breed at normal room temperature. The most they can only last for a month and then up the lorry from my experience. They need cooler temperature.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Tiger can't breed at normal room temperature. The most they can only last for a month and then up the lorry from my experience. They need cooler temperature.
    They are in chiller now tank

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Country
    Singapore

i think Xmant trying to say.. if you want to put tiger and crs together.. there might be a risk of them cross with each other.. unless you want to get a chance of having Tibee? This is wat i guess

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jowy View Post
    i think Xmant trying to say.. if you want to put tiger and crs together.. there might be a risk of them cross with each other.. unless you want to get a chance of having Tibee? This is wat i guess
    I didn't say that. You have misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by saddyboi View Post
    xmant bro.. so initially we need to isolate the tigers from crs? until when then we are able to put them tgt?
    It is best to breed your tiger at least 1 generation to get them slowly tune to CRS water parameters or vice versa before you do the cross breed to get Tibee. If you put your newly bought tigers into existing crs tank, more likely your tiger will not be able to make it as I have mentioned earlier that they stayed at slightly different water parameters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast