Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Canister Filter Help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All, I have 2 3ft tank, one place on top one placed below.I'm using external filter for the top and canister for the bottom tank but I cant get my ATMAN to filter the tank below as the ATMAN is placed above the Tank. Any brand/model of canister that can be place above the tank and work? Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Canister Filter Help

I know that eden 501 can be place on the same level as the tank but i think its way too small for your tank. I think that the ehiem classic model might solve your problem. I am not too sure though. Go to the LFS and ask for suggestions? When you are there you can also compare the specs and ask if the shop owner can help. In the meanwhile you can wait for some other replies. Another solution, why dont you just switch the filter, bring the external filter down and canister use for the top tank. Problem solved?

Cheers
    Wee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by equidorz View Post
    I know that eden 501 can be place on the same level as the tank but i think its way too small for your tank. I think that the ehiem classic model might solve your problem. I am not too sure though. Go to the LFS and ask for suggestions? When you are there you can also compare the specs and ask if the shop owner can help. In the meanwhile you can wait for some other replies. Another solution, why dont you just switch the filter, bring the external filter down and canister use for the top tank. Problem solved?

Cheers
    Wee
    Thanks, my canister is placed at the same level as the top tank , my top using OHF which is a built in for the cover.So there's nothing i can do

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Country
    Singapore

It is ok to place canister filter above the tank provided the entire hose (both inlet and outlet) and the canister are filled with water, without air bubble.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by woonyj View Post
    It is ok to place canister filter above the tank provided the entire hose (both inlet and outlet) and the canister are filled with water, without air bubble.
    Thanks bro will try over the weekends

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You can place it at the same level or higher than the tank but not recommended. Because the flowrate will be greatly affected.

Best bet is to use a OHF.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

But i think that will decrease the flowrate. Best bet is to get a overhead filter for your bottom tank.