Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIMON! Guru! Don't go away! SOS!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

SIMON! Guru! Don't go away! SOS!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, need your advise, pllllleeeasseee!

I was just changing the water of my 2ft tank, when I discovered something weird.

I'd 2 basins to collect the water. In the first basin I siphoned the gravel too, on some parts of the tank. Then I noticed "tubifex-like" worms (I think they moved!) in the water!

What are these??? I've NEVER fed tubifex to my fish! In fact, I've never fed any live foods to them! Urg!

Please, somebody, hhheeelllppp!

Hee, hee, thanks!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    guys, and these worms are smaller, light red colour.

other than their presence (probably in the gravel), my fish are a-okay.

do i need to do overhaul to remove the worms?

thanks!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i'm not simon
    but i think it's safe to say that
    DON'T WORRY LAH
    leave it as it

any worms that aren't living on the fish are usually not parasitic

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    by any chance its a flat worm?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thank you very much for your reply, Dea.

Ha, ha, just that Simon was the only one logged in when I put up that question, lah![]

Any idea where these worms come from? Very strange, cos they looked like smaller version of tubifex.

Anyone with such an experience?

P.S. Forgot that you guys can stay up till 2am!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    LeAnn, not sure. These worms even come together to form lumps, just like tubifex.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    coryfav,
    for all u know.. u have free tubifex worms.. hahaha.. btw, does your fishes eat them?
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/17/2002 9:25:20 PM

Hi, need your advise, pllllleeeasseee!

I was just changing the water of my 2ft tank, when I discovered something weird.

I'd 2 basins to collect the water. In the first basin I siphoned the gravel too, on some parts of the tank. Then I noticed "tubifex-like" worms (I think they moved!) in the water!

What are these??? I've NEVER fed tubifex to my fish! In fact, I've never fed any live foods to them! Urg!

Please, somebody, hhheeelllppp!

Hee, hee, thanks!
    ----------------
    please do not refer to me as a Guru, I'm not a guru in any way compared to the rest of the ppl in this forum

overfeeding

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kelstorm, my exact thoughts - free tubifex, no worries on disease cos they're "home-bred".[]

simon, thanks! but they're not tubifex, are they? any idea what worms?

i feed my corydoras with tablets, they're such slow eaters that i think some of the food may have got into the gravel...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh, kelstorm, i don't know if my fish eat these "newly-found" worms, cos they're not crawling on the gravel surface.

sometimes my kulii loach tries to "dive" into the gravel, may be trying to get these worms?

i don't siphon my gravel much, due to the number of plants, hidding kullis and corydoras. but last evening, i did abit more on a new site that i started to feed some of the shy corydoras, and discovered them.

hee, hee, i've thought of feeding these worms to my bettas, but hope to find out exactly what they're first

Wishing all a great week ahead!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh, kelstorm, i don't know if my fish eat these "newly-found" worms, cos they're not crawling on the gravel surface.

sometimes my kulii loach tries to "dive" into the gravel, may be trying to get these worms?

i don't siphon my gravel much, due to the number of plants, hidding kullis and corydoras. but last evening, i did abit more on a new site that i started to feed some of the shy corydoras, and discovered them.

hee, hee, i've thought of feeding these worms to my bettas, but hope to find out exactly what they're first

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the worms may have come from the plants ..

----------------
    On 2/18/2002 10:06:13 AM

----------------

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    LeAnn,

You mean new plants? I've had this tank and the plants for about 8 months now, but so far no "free home-grown tubifex"...

Something new, huh? I've read and experienced the "white small worms" problem, but this's my first "red worms".

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    leech will be on the fish, right?
    no leh, fish all clear and healthy...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dun have to, leech can be transport via plants too

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/18/2002 3:02:33 PM

u sure its no leech?
    ----------------
    leeches don't wait for you to siphon them out of the gravel
    normally you can see them sucking the life out of your fish

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe they multiple over the mths [:0]
    just kidding.. well no idea liao.. cos hardly anything can get it there....
    ----------------
    On 2/18/2002 11:34:45 AM

LeAnn,

You mean new plants? I've had this tank and the plants for about 8 months now, but so far no "free home-grown tubifex"...

Something new, huh? I've read and experienced the "white small worms" problem, but this's my first "red worms".
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    oooo leaches...*scary*[:0] Take them out squeese them hmm...nice feeling kekeke
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Coryfav! how many tanks do u have ? u " may " have transferred " them " from the other tanks during water change ( with the same siphon pump ) ! better do a check on the rest ! [:0]

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast