Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Two lazy otos

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    530
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Images
    14
    Country
    Singapore

    Two lazy otos

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    I have two otos and they are lazy. I have not seen them feeding on any algae since I bought last Saturday from seaview. Do they need a run-in time?The horn snails I bought last night are feasting already.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    666
    Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Two lazy otos

    I read before that Otto are more active at night, that is when the aquarium lights are switch off. They will only eat green algae and you need to give them other food like algae wafer too.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    530
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Images
    14
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Two lazy otos

    Yes I have green algea but Otos are not eating them. Thanks for reminding that Otto are more active at night, the O2 level in my tank could be too low at night causing the fish to be "abnormal" and some shrimps to die. I put in an airpump already, so far I don't have to collect corpses every morning. Will monitor the Otos again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Two lazy otos

    i just got 2 oto from seaview last week too. can't tell they are hardworking or not cos there isn't any algae (at the moment) for them to feed on. LOL. but i do see them taking the food i put for guppy and tetras.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •