Country
    Singapore

shrimps

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all.

frm a list of malayan, yamatoes, bees or tiger shrimps, heard that yamatoes are sensitive and die easily.
    True?

How abt the other 3 type?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Frd

With proper conditioning of your tank, all shrimps are possible.

We use these shrimps for their work rate on cleaning up algae and varieties in the tank.

Hope my answer is acceptable to you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    icic...
    k..thanx for ur reply.

Feedback Score
    I've found Yamatos to be the hardiest, followed by tigers, then cherries, and finally, bee shrimp are the most sensitive. This is only my personal experience, however.

Oops - you didn't ask about cherries. Well, we don't get Malayans over here. Even tigers are rare.

Also, Yamatos are by far the best at eating algae, especially hair algae. The order of their algae-eating abilities are the same - Yamatos, then tigers, then cherries, then bee. You would need MANY bee shrimp to equal the cleaning-power of one Yamato. Again, just my personal experience.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    gnome,

where are u situated?

Feedback Score
    I am in California, USA.

Feedback Score
    hey..me too, where do you get your shrimps?
    in LA, looking for shrimps.

Feedback Score
    I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and I get most of my critters and plants at Albany Aquarium (close to Berkeley). The tiger shrimp was from a different shop called Tropical Fish World in El Cerrito (the neighboring city). Where are you? Where do you get your aquarium goodies?

Feedback Score
    whoa 3 years..well i live in La, walnut....no ones ever heard of it, its near Diamondbar, maybe you know taht place. i've been looking for shrimps locally, but i can't find ANY, not even yamatos, you know of any dealers here?...think you can hook me up with some tiger or bees? [bigsmile:] haha. I've been wanting shrimps for quiet a while.
    in LA, looking for shrimps.

Feedback Score
    I just looked up "Diamondbar, CA" on Yahoo!Yellow Pages. It seems you're a few miles from Chino, where my huband's relatives used to live. Wow - I guess that means you're fairly close to the Graber Olive factory... Lucky!

Well, sorry. I don't know of any places personally, but try going to Yahoo! then click on "Yellow Pages." Then "change location" and enter your zip code, then under "Other Professional Services" select "pets." Finally, click on "fish" and it'll provide a list of the closest aquarium shops or pet stores that carry fish and aquarium supplies.

A couple of weeks ago, I called up something like 25 shops in the Bay Area, looking for tiger (or sometimes called "zebra&quot shrimp. Nobody had them, not even the place where I originally got them. 23 of these shops had no idea what I was talking about. Then about a week ago, my last tiger shrimp bit the gravel. It was truly sad... I think most of them were done in by the extreme heat, as we have no air conditioning.

Anyway, good luck finding shrimp. If you get desperate, you can try www.franksaquarium.com. It's best if you order from them with a group of other local hobbyists so that the shipping cost can be split. The shrimp themselves are priced right. The shipping's what'll get you.

Happy critter-hunting!