Images
    Country
    Singapore

ehiem 2213 problem???

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can anyone help me with my newly bought ehiem 2213. output cannot flow from tank to the canister below. am i right in my arrangement. output ( suck dirt in) > below canister, input (flow water to tank) > upper canister as shown in diagram. is it something to deal with the height as i put my canister inside my drawer to my tank on top.

anyone here encounter this problem?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: ehiem 2213 problem???

sorry forget to add. i buy 2 double o-tap, (close and open valve) for my 2213.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Canister on top of the tank?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by granzord View Post
    output ( suck dirt in) > below canister, input (flow water to tank) > upper canister as shown in diagram. is it something to deal with the height as i put my canister inside my drawer to my tank on top.
    I don't really understand about your setup. Output suck dirt in? The one sucking the water should be the input which is located at the bottom of canister. The one on top of the canister, near the motor is the output. Canister filter is using gravity to initialize the flow, thus putting it on top of the tank is NO-NO
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Granzord,

Your post is quite confusing.

1. The top of your filter is above or below the water level in your tank? It should be below. Best if the top of the filter is placed lower than the bottom of the tank.

2. The lower valve of the filter is for water to flow from the tank into the filter. (Normally called the input valve because water flows INTO the filter through here.)

3. The upper valve of the filter is for water to flow from the filter into the tank. (Normally called the output valve.)

4. Have you primed the filter? (I.e. suck the water into the input hose, etc.)

If you need a guide to prime the filter, read this thread, post #5 by me. It is a different model canister filter, but the priming process described there will work for standard canisters filters.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

sorry for confusing post becos i also was confused by the canister too. yesterday nite , i leave pump overnite. today the 2213 resume its duty.very happy bird.
    maybe all of you here are right, as i see the input of the cannister water flow like stuck in the middle of the pipe, cannot move anymore farther...so i though i getting a spolit motor...