Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: bringing fishie from overseas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    77
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    bringing fishie from overseas

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    hi,

    i was going to ask if its okay to actually hand-carry fishie thru the custom back to SG since i'm going to BKK this coming may. but guess its okay lookin at all the threads talking about purchases overseas.

    but can i just ask, what do i have to take note of to ensure survival and comfort of the fishie when travelling back from overseas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    525
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: bringing fishie from overseas

    Mmmm. Not sure if this is too late.. But. SG's AVA states that you can bring in up to 30 ornamental fish or up to 3L of water, whichever comes first. I recently went to Taiwan and did purchase some shrimps from the LFS there. I had my shrimps packed in their usual plastic bags but what was different was.. I stored the whole bag in a Coleman water container. The coleman container has multiple advantages in shipping small livestock due to its solid construction and ability to keep the temperature constant throughout the flight back to Singapore. I pretty much stuffed the coleman into my luggage and checked it in. Came back to Singapore with 0 deaths. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    525
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: bringing fishie from overseas

    Oh, I re-read your post above and realised you were asking about hand-carrying. I dont think that's gonna be legal unless you actually carry less than 100ml of water.. In which case your fish probably wont survive. Ahh.. Please remember to also declare the livestock you bring into Singapore.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    77
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: bringing fishie from overseas

    wah... i totally forgot about the 100ml water thing. thanks lot really.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •