Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thumbs up How and what do you feed goldfish - pearl scale to be specific

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I tried to feed them with micro pellets food that submerge in the water. I found it they did not manage to see the food when it submerge. I guess they do eat the food from the gravel though.

The problem I am facing is feed them with greens. I tried to feed them with lettuce and cucumber. To my dismay, they float on the water because of lighter density than water. The pearlie did not come to the surface to grap anyone of the floating lettuce. Anyone have suggestion to feed them?

I fed them bloodworms and they really enjoyed it. What other food to you feed Goldie that they will enjoy to eat with ease?

Appreciate any comments. Thanks.
    Tank 1: Hailea F60 - 590mm/335mm/490mm, 60L tank, 24W Fluorescent Dual Light (Blue & White). Internal fitler HL-BT400 filter - 380 L/H, 6.3x turnover rate, power 7W, max jet 0.9m. 1xDriftwood, 2 bunches of Java Fern, 2 bunches of Java Moss, 6 cardinal tetras (RIP), 7 Pearl Scale & 1 RIP, 2 black spotted sucker. Tank 2: Dymax IQ3 - 220mm/170mm/220mm ~8.22 Litres built in filtration (200-300 L/H; 5W), acrylic build and LED (1.6W) overhead light, ANS Planta Soil made in Japan, some bunch of plants.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How and what do you feed goldfish - pearl scale to be specific

I feed my goldfish with floating pallet.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Won't they be more prone to swim bladder disease?
    Tank 1: Hailea F60 - 590mm/335mm/490mm, 60L tank, 24W Fluorescent Dual Light (Blue & White). Internal fitler HL-BT400 filter - 380 L/H, 6.3x turnover rate, power 7W, max jet 0.9m. 1xDriftwood, 2 bunches of Java Fern, 2 bunches of Java Moss, 6 cardinal tetras (RIP), 7 Pearl Scale & 1 RIP, 2 black spotted sucker. Tank 2: Dymax IQ3 - 220mm/170mm/220mm ~8.22 Litres built in filtration (200-300 L/H; 5W), acrylic build and LED (1.6W) overhead light, ANS Planta Soil made in Japan, some bunch of plants.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I'm not sure about the disease but my gold fish average lifespan is around 5 yrs.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

After observation for 10 mins feeding session, I realised the pearlie did eat the floating pellets and very small piece of cucumber (that can fit into their mouth) on the water surface. I remember reading somewhere that repeated feeding of floating food is not good for goldfish as they will develop swim bladder. They will start to have difficulties maintaining their buoyancy.