Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Shrimp Tank

My Shrimp Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to the shrimp world. I have some Taiwan Fire Red, Blue Chameleon, and Green Shrimps. I just cycling a new 2ft tank to move some of them into. It's was my first time do the aquascape on my own. Please advice on the decorations and plants.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My 'LAND BEFORE TIME'
    60 x 30 x 45cm Tank l ADA amazonia II l ADA power sand l Aqua zonic 4 x 24W T5 Light l Eheim Ecco Pro 2032 l ANS CO2 System l Dragon Rock
    Flora: Hemianthus callitrichoides "Cuba", Star moss, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Saggitaria Dwarf, Nesaea Red, Egeria densa,
    Fauna: Taiwan Fire Red, Yamato, Spiky Snail, Blue Chameleon, Boraras Brigittae

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: My Shrimp Tank

You bought your shrimp from crshaven?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

geez anyway great aquascape layout.......

i love it so much......

would be perfect hair grass for up fore ground and cuba for the front.........

where did you get those stones ?

blue chameleon and green shrimps from colin CRS haven right ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

shoot some macro for your shrimps please

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zacks View Post

i love it so much......

Yup, where did you get the nice rocks and what is the price?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

did u check whether your rock will increase GH or not? Next u got to watch your Co2 injection. Althought the shrimps you're keeping should be be able to survive. Try not to dose too much fert for your plant it. It look nice if those on the slope are HC.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

very nice layout. can imagine the end result to be awesome.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

nice set up bro!!! remember to check your parameters

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Afraid that the dragon rocks might increase your gh. Do measure your gh before introducing high grade shrimps. Nice scape and i like the arrangement of your rocks. hope to see some hc lawn soon.!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut8787 View Post
    You bought your shrimp from crshaven?
    Quote Originally Posted by zacks View Post

i love it so much......

--> Peanut8787 & zacks : Yes, I bought them from CRS haven. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenng View Post
    Yup, where did you get the nice rocks and what is the price?
    --> Kenng : I bought it from CRS Haven. I spent around $80 for the rocks. Thanks
    My 'LAND BEFORE TIME'
    60 x 30 x 45cm Tank l ADA amazonia II l ADA power sand l Aqua zonic 4 x 24W T5 Light l Eheim Ecco Pro 2032 l ANS CO2 System l Dragon Rock
    Flora: Hemianthus callitrichoides "Cuba", Star moss, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Saggitaria Dwarf, Nesaea Red, Egeria densa,

Quote Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
    did u check whether your rock will increase GH or not? Next u got to watch your Co2 injection. Althought the shrimps you're keeping should be be able to survive. Try not to dose too much fert for your plant it. It look nice if those on the slope are HC.

Quote Originally Posted by equidorz View Post
    Afraid that the dragon rocks might increase your gh. Do measure your gh before introducing high grade shrimps. Nice scape and i like the arrangement of your rocks. hope to see some hc lawn soon.!
    I did check with CRS haven owner (where i bought the rocks). They said the rock wouldn't increase the GH. But thanks for your advice. Will monitor on it.
    My 'LAND BEFORE TIME'

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldshi View Post
    very nice layout. can imagine the end result to be awesome.
    Thanks. I did add some background plants yesterday. Will post the photo later.
    My 'LAND BEFORE TIME'

I went to Y618 yesterday. I ended up buying some background plants. I would like to reduce the outlet water flow but afraid that it may spoil my filter. Anyone can advice?

Tank.jpg
    My 'LAND BEFORE TIME'

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Reducing the flow of the filter a bit will not kill the filter. The filter should be able to take the stress as long it is not too low. Anyway the flow rate will drop when the filter media is clogged and i believe the the pump are designed to handle it. Currently I have double taps on my Classic 2213 to control the flow rate. The pump will rattle only when I try to close the taps too much of maybe > 50%.
    Last edited by jeffteo; 13th Apr 2011 at 13:56.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffteo View Post
    Reducing the flow of the filter a bit will not kill the filter. The filter should be able to take the stress as long it is not too low. Anyway the flow rate will drop when the filter media is clogged and i believe the the pump are designed to handle it. Currently I have double taps on my Classic 2213 to control the flow rate. The pump will rattle only when I try to close the taps too much of maybe > 50%.
    Thanks bro. I am thinking to install rain bar at my outflow and point it to my tank wall. I worried that strong current will swept my shrimps..
    Last edited by peerot; 13th Apr 2011 at 14:25.
    My 'LAND BEFORE TIME'

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by peerot View Post
    Thanks bro. I am thinking to install rain bar at my outflow and point it to my tank wall. I worried that strong current will swept my shrimps..
    To reduce the flow of the rain bar, just make the holes bigger and point it horizontal just below the surface. The inlet should be on the same side of the rain bar picking up the debris from the bottom. The will give good water movement in the tank without really affecting the shrimps. The bigger the holes the gentle the flow. If you don't want to modify the original pipe, can get spare one from the LFS to mod.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, What do u feed the shrimps with?

Quote Originally Posted by guppyboy View Post
    Hi, What do u feed the shrimps with?
    Shrimps eating algae. I do give some shrimp foods that i bought from CRS Haven.
    My 'LAND BEFORE TIME'

Quote Originally Posted by jeffteo View Post
    To reduce the flow of the rain bar, just make the holes bigger and point it horizontal just below the surface. The inlet should be on the same side of the rain bar picking up the debris from the bottom. The will give good water movement in the tank without really affecting the shrimps. The bigger the holes the gentle the flow. If you don't want to modify the original pipe, can get spare one from the LFS to mod.
    Thanks bro for the advice...
    My 'LAND BEFORE TIME'

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Very nice setup,i think it looks even better with a darker background color.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast