Country
    Singapore

Seeking Urgent Advice

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear Crab/ Aquarium Enthusiast,

This is my first day here, and frankly, I have only glance pass the forum to get a small inkling on what's going on in here. I need help and advice from you guys.

My friend is intending to start a crab breeding business and have pressured me into being in a partnership. Before I make any wrong decision, whether to keep this friend or go ahead and make the profits, I would like to seek opinions regarding this.

Firstly, is the crab business (for consumption) viable?

Also, from what I gather, in order to set up this business, at least $100k is needed for investment due to the cabinets, tanks and other equipments needed. Is it worth the effort to breed crabs to sell off to restaurants? I'm not aware of the manpower and amount of time needed to breed a baby crab and for it to mature for consumption. Hence is it worth it in the long run?

Lastly, is there really a chemical that can allow crabs to grow faster than its normal rate but still remains safe for consumption? My friend have located a supplier who insisted that there is such a chemical, but due to trade secrets, has been unable to disclose the contents which is understandable. However, if we are going to invest in this, I think we ought to know what it contains, and whether the contents are permitted and safe for consumption or not.

As this is going to be very costly, I really need to seek the much knowledgeable crowd here in regards to this topic. I would understand if there are certain stuff which you guys would not be able to disclose to me due to confidentiality purpose, but I do wish to know if this is worth the while.

From the above, I guess you all would be able to more or less know that I have zero knowledge here. I for one, believe that we should not enter into any industry without real knowledge of our products. Thus, I would really appreciate all guidance.

Thank you.

With best regards,
    Needhelp

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Seeking Urgent Advice

This will require a market research by your own. Need to understand the macro and micro environment of this business. Also, the economics, market forces, and etc. Good luck