Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

cherry shrimps with zebra danio

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i only feed my zebra danio with flakes food and never live food so is it possible for the shrimps and danio to coexist? mine is a 2ft tank with ehiem canister filtration. thanks

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: cherry shrimps with zebra danio

Hi, to be honest, i dont quite see the relationship between not feeding your danio live food and its ablity to coexist with the shrimps. Can you elaborate more? I think as long as you provide enough hiding places for the shrimps, they will be able to coexist. I havent tried putting danios with shrimps before, but i think that putting your shrimps with smaller fishes such as boraras would be a safer bet.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

erm maybe i am wrong but i was thinking along the line of if a person is a vegatarian and always eat veggie then he wont eat meat.. so if the fish never eat live food. he wont think that the shrimp is food

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

interesting theory, however, i doubt that is true. It is a natural instinct for the fish to regard the shrimp as food, so it will be quite hard to change that. For us, we can vegetarian because we are of a higher order, we can make a conscious effort to abstain from meat. However, i think the fish relies more on its instincts.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bro,

I have kept danios for nearly a year. I strongly recomend you not to keep shrimps with these fishes. Definitely the fast danios will attack the shrimps.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Country
    Singapore

LOL. No offence but bro. I believe your theory is wrong.

it's like saying you feed a lion from young just vegetables even till it's adult stage. And you're living and sleeping with it daily. It might not eat you up, but when he see stranger or when you're unlucky. It will just whack and eat you up. It's lion's nature instinct even though it's vegetarian. It might not eat you but it will kill you and leave you there then wait for it's vege.

Hope I did not sound too offending, just trying to show you a similar but clearer analogy.

best not to keep your shrimps with fishes. In fact, the only shrimp safe fish is Otto.

Cheers.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

It is only the shrimplets that have danger with small fish(small tetra/rasboras).
    From my experience, the shrimplets are are safe from the above small fish after 1 week old.
    I never see the fish attack the shrimplets that is one week old.

The small fish will only peck at the adult shrimp when they are fighting for the same foods.
    The pecking does not cause death to the adult shrimp.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If you have enough hiding places then it should not be a problem. So far my cherries/ sakuras are still giving shrimplets with danios and livebearers coexist.
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

Quote Originally Posted by xXXXx13 View Post
    If you have enough hiding places then it should not be a problem. So far my cherries/ sakuras are still giving shrimplets with danios and livebearers coexist.
    I agree with you. The shrimps population will continue to strive.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

THANKS GUYS for the great comment. i tink i will try them out.. hopefully some will survive haha