Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Eheim 2222 + Resun CL-200.. Possible?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Question Eheim 2222 + Resun CL-200.. Possible?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

I'm looking to -finally- buy myself a chiller after 6-8mths in shrimp keeping. After successfully keeping RCS and CRS in 29 deg waters and getting them to breed, I have since moved on to keeping OEBTs, hence, the requirement for a chiller. My current tank is a 50 x 29 x 29 (42L) tank with an Eheim 2222 external filter.

Question:
    Due to the flow rate on an Eheim 2222 (500l/hr), I have chosen not to get a Resun CL-280 (recommended 500-1000l/hr) and have decided to downsize to a Resun CL-200 (recommended 300-600l/hr) instead. Wondering if anyone uses the same setup. Also, do the 2 work well together to maximise efficiency and minimise the kick in/out of the chiller?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eheim 2222 + Resun CL-200.. Possible?

Oh nevermind. I decided to get a Resun CL-280 anyway since its a shrimp tank and has no plants.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

wow, how did you manage to breed CRS in temperature of 29 degree C???

downsize the chiller is a better option if you insist on using the Ehiem 2222. after the flowrate reduction you will left with 350-400 LPh which is too little flow for your CL280 and make it kick in more often.
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I was discussing that on another forum. Seems like many people have been too quick to dismiss the adaptability of CRS. Shrimps born and bred in Asia have, I think, already adapted to the ambient temperature. Breeding, from then on, was all about maintaining proper water conditions. Nothing special to it.

Anyway, back on topic, I'll monitor the chiller when I get it setup properly. If it kicks in for more than 15mins per hour, I'll just run the chiller on a separate powerhead or something. Suggestions on a good powerhead to work with the Resun CL-280..?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

err, possible to tell what is the grade of the CRS which you successfully breed?
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Country
    Singapore

interested to know too !