Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Upcoming 2ft tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, have been keeping CRS in my slightly smaller than 1.5ft tank for about 8 months.

So now decided to embark on my new 2ft tank which my beloved wife bought me.

Will be using Hailea HC-130A together with Ecco Pro 2034 from my previous setup.

The following pictures shows a simple idea of how I intend to partition the tank until the actual setup begin.

Do give me your honest comments on how to improve it.

Partition

Attachment 23153

It is actually two identical acrylic partitions with a very fine wire mesh slotted in between. The two acrylic sheets will be secured together by using 4 plastic screws.

Tank setup

Attachment 23154

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Upcoming 2ft tank

why not make it undergravel? Cheerios

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hellomyfriend View Post
    why not make it undergravel? Cheerios
    Have read up that there is some disadvantages to it so not really confident of doing an undergravel system in my setup.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by revo79 View Post
    Have read up that there is some disadvantages to it so not really confident of doing an undergravel system in my setup.
    Hi bro i use to think the same way but doing a search it is a rather good system. The only thing is don't connect it direct to the filteration system let it be a stand alone for circulating fucntion under the gravel it will help a lot. I m cycling my setup with that now i adopt the idea for the bros over the forum. I does make the tank a little complicated but i've spent almost like 5 night after i reach home after 9 to do the system up and finally able to start cycling on the eve of voting day. I think you can check with bro eviltrain he got a very good setup.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
    Hi bro i use to think the same way but doing a search it is a rather good system. The only thing is don't connect it direct to the filteration system let it be a stand alone for circulating fucntion under the gravel it will help a lot. I m cycling my setup with that now i adopt the idea for the bros over the forum. I does make the tank a little complicated but i've spent almost like 5 night after i reach home after 9 to do the system up and finally able to start cycling on the eve of voting day. I think you can check with bro eviltrain he got a very good setup.
    Hi bro, do you mean setting it up like what the picture shows?

Attachment 23215

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

all the while, undergravel setup has disadvantage because it will cause baked soils like ADA or GEX to crumble easily. my setup can use inert sand and biomedia to cultivate bb, but the soil partition will prevent too much suction and cause the baked soil to break down and crumble ( shorter lifespan for baked soil )
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by revo79 View Post
    Hi bro, do you mean setting it up like what the picture shows?

Attachment 23215
    Yea bro just like the pic for me i did not use partition like bro eviltrain i use 3 big chunk of media to surround my ugf so that not that much soil is above the ugf directly.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

why not you use both type of filtration?? more bb can grow