1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

apisto comm ?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bros, is it advisable to comm 5 pairs of apisto in a 3ft tank ? apart from fights, would there be possibility of the pairs spawning ?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: apisto comm ?

Think have more hiding spots maybe good to start with.
    Fish keeping is not a good hobby unless you received support from your family to keep them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Gerard,

You would have a lot of trouble with 5 pairs in a tank that size, normally you look at putting only 1 pair in a 2-3 ft tank. You will probably find that one pair becomes the dominant pair and will claim a territory to spawn in, but they will always be fighting with the others in the tank to defend their territory. Also I find that once the fry start swimming around the aggression goes up a lot and the fights become much nastier, my pair ripped apart my community of white clouds so now they are in the tank solo for breeding.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok bros thanks for the advice, maybe will split my 3ft tank into 2 and I introduce 2 pairs of apisto for breeding

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Actually if you have plenty of hiding area it shall not be a problem... But is you really wanna go into breeding best is in a species tank... A 3 ft tank can be partition in 4 so u can have more species in a tank and save lots of space...

Somewhere on a tiny Island call Sillypore
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

To comm apistos is really subjective. General rule of thumb is like what Tucker had adviced. I had a pair of cacatuoides and agassizii in my heavily planted 3ft but it was a kill zone for the dorminant male and female when they became territorial.

But if you really want to comm, put like perhaps 5 to 10pairs in the tank. The more the better. This is also why you don't see fights in LFS that cramps their apistos shipment into a 2ft. Aggression is dispersed with numbers. I once kept 10pcs of bitaeniata and 4 brietbinden in a 1.5ft tank and the bitaeniata breed in the tank without any casualties.
    Eugene (^_^)
    De Dwergcichlide Fanatiek
    Now swimming: Plecos and Apistogrammas

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bro. Yesterday i just com 5 Apisto kaka triple red in my 2 feet tank 3 m 2 f. They are doing fine. Need more hiding spots for them...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My caca orange pair and borelli pair also in a com tank of 2 feet.
    Fish keeping is not a good hobby unless you received support from your family to keep them.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi stormz, Where did you manage to get a Caca Orange? Is it a Matual adult ready for breeding?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Managed to get from a home breeder. Some call it Caca Orange or Flash, Male looks very potential but female...... I not too sure. Obtain them as a pair but the female looks like not in the mood. See the picture you can tell, should be yellowish when in mood but it's looking more red then yellow.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Stormz, your fish looks very healthy. what do you feed them? by the way can you take a better view of the Male Caca orange ? Appreciate it !

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Couldn't get a good shot of the fellow, seems to be hiding away from the cam.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi stormz, your Caca Orange looks fit must be very ready for breeding. Can you take a shot of the front view if possible? I'm very curious how it looks like as i am still new in Apisto thanks senior

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, can I ask you a question, does the caca Orange / Flash have an unusually big mouth or is my the funny one? When I look at it, it reminds me of the joker's mouth in Batman. See the photo and you'll get what I mean.

Female picture attached above.

Anyone can advise, as I just gotta this pair from a guy who claims ready to breed, but the female doesn't looks anything near the breeding color.