15 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Planaria

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Found out that there are planeria in my shrimp tank. my brother gave me the powder to kill it. Followed instruction stated and pour the powder of half spoon included in the packet. Now i noticed that every day, there would be around 1 or 2 dead shrimp. What should i do? Please help. I'm a newbie.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Planaria

Sorry to hear about it. Shrimps are sensitive to chemicals. Even liquid fertilizer can kill them. There is nothing much you can do other than trying multiple water changes in small quantities to dilute the water column. Good luck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Fariez View Post
    Found out that there are planeria in my shrimp tank. my brother gave me the powder to kill it. Followed instruction stated and pour the powder of half spoon included in the packet. Now i noticed that every day, there would be around 1 or 2 dead shrimp. What should i do? Please help. I'm a newbie.
    Did you follow the required dosage instruction on the product? Did you overdose what is required? There is now a new planeria trip in the market that is chemical free.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yup I did fOllow the instruction. Today another 1 died. Praying that its not because of the solution. Was very worried as i am getting quite a quantity of ss and sss tomorrow from fellow AQ.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

It is always a dilemma when there is shrimp

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Treatment always have chemical.
    Shrimps are sensitive to water conditions.

If I was you, I'll rather lessen the feeding and bait out the remains. Then using chemical.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry to hear about it. Shrimps are sensitive to chemicals. Even liquid fertilizer can kill them. There is nothing much you can do other than trying multiple water changes in small quantities to dilute the water column. Good luck
    When u say multiple water change, is it using tap water? Tap water n add conditioner or use distilled water? I have the R.O or reverse osmosis (0.001 percent as close to pure H2O) water at home. Can I use it?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Treatment always have chemical.
    Shrimps are sensitive to water conditions.

If I was you, I'll rather lessen the feeding and bait out the remains. Then using chemical.
    I will do that evev though i sometimes forget after feeding them. I now try to feed them 3 days once.