Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Malayan shrimp

Malayan shrimp

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've better luck with shrimp, they don't move much most of the time.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi subzero,

Good picture! But the white balance seems a little off.

I always have a dilema with shrimps. Do I include the feelers or do I not include them?

If I do, the shrimps looks small and there seems to a lot of empty space.

If I don't, the shrimps looks incomplete.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

I realised that too, i guess the only way to improve the picture is to use an external speedlight.

Anyway the feelers is not very obvious to many people. My preference is to take at least half of the feelers.

Another problem i am facing when taking macro shot is that it only focus on either head, body or tail. The rest of the part will appear bit blur.

Here're the other pictures i've taken

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think it's not impt to have the whole feelers into the pic. Just a little will do. The first pic (Benny's) does the trick.

Someone mentioned that while taking macro shot, just need to focus on the head/eye. Even if the rest of the body appears blur is fine.

There's a 3:3 guideline in composing pics, that is, to divide the frame into 3 rows and 3 colums (then you get 9 small rectangles). The (4) points that the lines coincide is where the strongest emphasis is on. That is, if you place your subject matter on any of these 4 points, it will do wonder.

Again, Benny's first pic has done that (where the head is on the upper-right intersection point)!
    ckchua

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Er. I thought subzero is ben, not benny? Or do we share the same name too? []

----------------
    On 10/13/2003 10:50:21 PM

I realised that too, i guess the only way to improve the picture is to use an external speedlight.

Another problem i am facing when taking macro shot is that it only focus on either head, body or tail. The rest of the part will appear bit blur.

----------------
    Actually, mose imaging software allows you to do some adjustments on the white balance too. In Photoshop, I just use the Auto Levels function sometimes. If it looks natural, I just accept the adjustments. If not, I'll do it manually.

As for the proportion of the subject being clear, it's quite a subjective issue. Some insist on it, other's don't care. But to yield maximum sharpness on a subject, have it positioned parallel to your lens if possible. This will ensure maximum depth of field, or sharpness, you can get out of the camera. The first and second picture on the second set is a good example.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oops .. got the 2 of you mixed up .. paiseh []
    ckchua