Thread: Neon Tetra Bouyancy Problem

Feedback Score

Neon Tetra Bouyancy Problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi friends...
    I've been feeding my tetras with this particular brand of fish food for months already. After feeding, the fish have problem sinking! They are seen struggling to stay a-sink. I'd imagine that if they stopped swimming downwards they would pop right out of the surface or something. (This is no exaggeration..)

Anyone has any such experience? Could it be that the food is giving them too much gas? Didn't notice any diarhoea (how to spell this word) though..
    ---------------------
    So many fish, so little time...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This phenomena is quite common when you feed dry food like pellets, flake and even freeze dried fish food.

BC

Feedback Score
    Thanks BClee that's a relief. Strange thing is the problem seems to be getting worse than before. My rummies that take the same food doesn't seem to have the problem, and my cardinals are ok leh... btw the angle at which they are swimming is almost vertical.
    ---------------------
    So many fish, so little time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe they want to learn head standing......or they might want to look like puffer fish cuz maybe they find puffer fish more handsome...
    or maybe they on drugs that make them so dizzy!
    just for laugh....
    [:0]

Feedback Score
    Hi Yok,

Think your fishes got the Swim Bladder diease. This is a very common diease in goldfish and betta. To cure it, u can use Interpet Swim Bladder diease medicine. I suggest that you change the food that you use to feed your fishes. It may not be suitable for your fish.

Cheers,
    Desmond

Feedback Score
    hi,
    Could it be a case of overfeeding that's causing the neon tetra to swim in that manner. I've noticed it in my cardinal tetras too, and u might see that they have a bloated stomach due to too much food. try to feed alittle at a time and not to overfeed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    That is swim bladder. It is quite difficult to relief the fish from that situation but I believe Interpet do have a medication for swim bladder.

Cheers
    If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van Gogh