Country
    Indonesia

Crinum Aquatica-Need Info

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi folks,
    I just got Crinum Aquatica for my tank, anybody has experience with this kind of plants?
    Appreciate any info : light requirement, max length, substrate condition (if any) etc etc.
    Thanks for any help...
    Cheers,

AChen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    no personal experience - i have only grown Crinum natans.... but imagine the needs are similar...... medium to high light is fine, they like a rich substrate and do not bury the entire bulb in the substrate or move the plant once planted.

Factoid of the day: you might be passing by a Crinum everyday!!! Those large spider lilies grown on the road side are actually Crinum asiaticum, which is a native terrestrial/swamp plant.

Do not, however, mistake this spider lily for the much smaller Amaryllis sp. which grows only to about 2.5 -3 ft in height and has a rosette of leaves with blunt tips. Crinum asiaticum is much larger (up to 1.5 m high with a small trunk on larger specimens), and the leaf tips are pointed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You'll need a 2 feet hight tank for this one... Maximum length...can grow to 2 feet. Its a background plant. No need high light. Not necessary to have rich substrate...

----------------
    On 10/20/2003 4:28:04 PM

Hi folks,
    I just got Crinum Aquatica for my tank, anybody has experience with this kind of plants?
    Appreciate any info : light requirement, max length, substrate condition (if any) etc etc.
    Thanks for any help...
    Cheers,

AChen

----------------