Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Morimo Ball Question and Cladophora aegagropila PLus Shrimp

Feedback Score

Morimo Ball Question and Cladophora aegagropila PLus Shrimp

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have a Marimo Ball aka Cladophora aegagropila as the scientific name.

Some sources on the net give contradictory info on its requirements, from high light to low right requirements as it can live in a Jar with no Sunlight NO fertiliser needed. etc...

I wonder what are the your experiences with this ball?

Well I bought mine some time ago and it deteroriated some parts I donno due to low light and low Co2 conditions? When I Upgraded my lights...used a Canister Co2...seem to improve condition Temperature of my tanks can peak slightly over 30Degress but my other plants seem unaffected.

ALSO, how are these Balls propagated.???.I thought I could swear that a small cutting got bigger but I threw it away. Lake Akan in Japan conserves them to research on them as they grown rather slowly but yet we can FIND them commonly in our shops...Just wondering you know where our Marimo's are FROM and how they propagate them quickly to sell?

Shrimp Question : Those Algae eating shrimps examp: Malayan Shrimps etc...Due to from time to time shed their shelfs...cos I found a Full body shell entangled in a Plant today...like skin a human body the equivalent I am quite sure its not a death as my shrimps are doing well in my tank....

Do Shrimps Makan Insect Larvae as well??

Another Question : What are those SMALL Darting Larve/Insect? like small white spots that sometimes I find swimming in my Planted and Marine Tank?>

Feedback Score
    FORGOT to add that my Marimo Ball although of an AMPLE Size now...is hollow and has a hole from one SIDE?? What happened is this NORMAL??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hungary

Re: Morimo Ball Question and Cladophora aegagropila PLus Shrimp

Dear Sales Manager,

On behalf of PetLogis International Ltd we really have the honor to cooperate, and strengthen our mutual business cooperation.
    Your cooperation will help both of us to distribute our unique high quality cladophora moss balls in all possible available markets.
    Our prices are cheap and advantage.
    Hereby as attached our best unique plant check it and contact us once interested. We are one of the unique suppliers who enable
    To supply and secure some especial rare plants which often need extremely effort, power, and time to collect it looks like our fresh,
    Green Cladophora moss balls.
    We would like to propose our best high quality moss balls, belongs to several sizes as follows:

Sizes: 2-3cm with price 0.25 EUR (weight of 1000 pieces 10-15kg)
    Sizes: 3-4cm with price 0.30 EUR (weight of 1000pieces is 15-20kg)
    Sizes: 4-5cm with price 0.35 EUR (weight of 1000 pieces is 25-30kg)
    Sizes: 4-7cm with price 0.45 EUR (weight of 1000 pieces is 35-45kg)
    Sizes: 7-10cm with price 1.15 EUR (weight of 1000 pieces is 55-65kg)
    Sizes: 10-12cm with prices 1.75 EUR (weight of 1000 pieces 110-130kg)
    Sizes: 12-15cm with prices 1.95 EUR (weight of 1000 pieces 150-170kg)
    We draw your kind attention, that concerning all possible sizes you will get it in very good quality totally
    100% green, fresh, clean and well selected the minimum order 1000pieces.
    We are ready to transfer our moss balls legally to all destinations by air.
    This nature of plants packed sufficiently in Styrofoam cartons to keep the sufficient temperature.
    We often deal with shipments as live plants and perishable, and for that we prepare all sshipments
    Only after collect all required payments include value of goods, and transportation charges.
    We already export to US and Far East by air, and EU.
    Your reply highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Best regards. Ahmed Hariedy
    On behalf of PetLogis International Ltd
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Mobile:36 30 5943899

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

my 2 cents
    Authentic marimo balls are from lake akan, they grow very slowly. The ones we find in our lfs are clad (string) algae. Technically, the both belong the same species (don't quote me).
    to propagate locally bought marimos, split them and bind them with cotton string. as time passes, the string algae will grow and entangle into a ball again, the cotton will rot away. Leaving a ball. I have a bit of success. Make sure to split them when they are larger. my attempts at splitting them small did not turn out well. Also note to put in tank some current/fert. this will help shape them.

having a hole is not normal.

shrimps as far as i know, do not eat larvae, unless its rotting away. If you need larvae eaters, try some guppy or gold fish.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I am Marimo .. not morimo