Country
    Singapore

Advise for my upgrade to a 2ft tank for CRS

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    Just an introduction of myself, I kept 5 crs in a 4L tank for 3months already and is contemplating in upgrading my setup to a 2ft tank to house more and also higher grades CRS..
    Can any more experience users here please advise me on what kind of filter,chiller,light I should get for my new 2ft tank?(model, make, approx. price, flow rate).
    Also for those who have a 2ft tank already,care to divulge the additional monthly electricity cost due to the chiller,pump,filter and lights?

Any replies will be appreciated..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Advise for my upgrade to a 2ft tank for CRS

A 2 x 1 x 1 is approximately 57L. Im using a Eheim 2224, flowrate of 700L/H paired with Hailea HS28A. Needed to mod the chiller with external thermostat so that it didnt kick in that often. You can consider a 950L/H flowrate, for the fact that canister packed with medias, their flowrates will be reduced 30-40% approximately, and after which you still need to pair up with a chiller in which flowrate will be further reduced. If in any case that you may find flowrate too strong, you can adjust the flowrate with the control valve or even by using a rainbar.

So far my electrical bill has went up about $20 or so.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jianyuan View Post
    A 2 x 1 x 1 is approximately 57L. Im using a Eheim 2224, flowrate of 700L/H paired with Hailea HS28A. Needed to mod the chiller with external thermostat so that it didnt kick in that often. You can consider a 950L/H flowrate, for the fact that canister packed with medias, their flowrates will be reduced 30-40% approximately, and after which you still need to pair up with a chiller in which flowrate will be further reduced. If in any case that you may find flowrate too strong, you can adjust the flowrate with the control valve or even by using a rainbar.

So far my electrical bill has went up about $20 or so.
    Wow..thanks for your input.. I really appreciate it..

I am actually thinking of getting gex GXC110 chiller(has a external thermostat already)..flow rate max of 900l/h and a eheim filter of about 500-600l/h..will this work out? Don't really wish to shorten the lifespan of my chiller though..'VERY EXpensive!" investment.. and I want to use a lower wattage filter to save on electricity bills..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I'll rather head for a higher flowrate filtration, seeing their price difference isnt that much far off. I only had Hailea hs28a, so cant comment much on the rest. The mod is quite simple, less then 20mins and its job done. I belive Gex chiller might be more expensive then the rest, might want to ask those bros that are using this chiller itself to comment. My eheim 2224 is only 8 Wattage. Even the higher flowrate which has a higher wattage, might as the most set you back at 30+ increment of electrical bill.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jianyuan View Post
    I'll rather head for a higher flowrate filtration, seeing their price difference isnt that much far off. I only had Hailea hs28a, so cant comment much on the rest. The mod is quite simple, less then 20mins and its job done. I belive Gex chiller might be more expensive then the rest, might want to ask those bros that are using this chiller itself to comment. My eheim 2224 is only 8 Wattage. Even the higher flowrate which has a higher wattage, might as the most set you back at 30+ increment of electrical bill.
    so how much did you get your chiller at? I am sourcing for a chiller that can last and also is energy conserving..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I dont think discussion of pricings allowed on forums. Cant pm you either. Got any other way to contact you?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

i try friending you on AQ then see if the pm feature pops up..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Cant pm still, i think you need more posts or need a longer time on AQ to have the pm features.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

k then we shall use email..
    Last edited by reiner09; 29th Aug 2011 at 15:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

okay, ive added you already.

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Retail pricing are allowed in aq. When I last bought my hs-28a, it was $300 with one year warranty. However, heard that it's increased a little due to the exchange rate which is not in our favour.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh okay, didnt know haha. I got mine at $300, but only with half year warranty. Got it less then 1month ago.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

thanks for the email directing me to the shop...
    wow great..i love talking here though..so bro Jianyuan, do they offer to attach the external thermostat for you?

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    No, but you can call the supplier whose number is provided in the warranty card, will normally charge you quite expensive. ~$100

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I did the mod myself. Quite easy. Theres a thread by bro gryphon on his shrimp journal. He got teach how to get the mod done. Very much cheaper to diy.