Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best cooling fan for aquarium

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

best cooling fan for aquarium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi, pls help..i need a cooling fan for my hooded tank... saw some good review on:-

ANS cooling fan 3000
    Mr Aqua Tornado Fan

Whats the dimension of the Tornado fan?? anyone used ANS cooling fan before?? heard one of the exploded???

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: best cooling fan for aquarium

Both of this fan i use before. Temperature wise around the same, not much different. But, Tornado fan are quieter. But looks very bulky.
    When a habit begins to cost money, it's called a hobby.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by chris168 View Post
    Both of this fan i use before. Temperature wise around the same, not much different. But, Tornado fan are quieter. But looks very bulky.
    Chris, can help to give me the dimension of mr aqua? 2)my tank have a stupid black frame at the rim of the tank, not sure can install or not.

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

So sorry, not with me anymore... Any bro here that is using agua fan can gave the dimension to wongce... by the way the evaporation of the water using the fan is real quick.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I find the ANS Fan quite sturdy and durable. The only wear and tear is the fan grill turning rusty in a short time. I have used for 1.5 years and running 24 x 7

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by seanang168 View Post
    I find the ANS Fan quite sturdy and durable. The only wear and tear is the fan grill turning rusty in a short time. I have used for 1.5 years and running 24 x 7
    Hi,can you help to give me the dimensions...?
    Is it noisy?
    Does the adapter feel warm?My current fan's adapter always feel hot after switch on for a while...now I only switch it on along with my lights(8hrs)..

Link to my Blog

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Here you go 12 x 12 x 4 cm

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Is the fan noisy?? I have a dc fan..silent but almost useless...lol

Link to my Blog

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have both the Dymax and Ans 3000 and found that both are more or less the same noise level but the ANS seems to have better power due to the bigger fan.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tryo View Post
    I have both the Dymax and Ans 3000 and found that both are more or less the same noise level but the ANS seems to have better power due to the bigger fan.
    Bro tyro, about the adapters/fan motor.. Are the hot when run 24 hrs? My dymax is hot..like pizza lol

Link to my Blog

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

They use to be very hot(just the adapter) so i got a timer for it which means it is on 1/2 hour and then off and then on again. Some how with this the adapter is not so hot but a lot of clicking sound from the timer. I was told to get a different adapter to bring to the voltage to bring down the noise level but i got no idea how to so i better leave it alone.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

My dymax is also very hot(to me)..noted your setting..thank you very much..I really hope it won't burn down my house with the setting..haha..

Link to my Blog

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi my ANS is direct to AC socket don't have power adaptor. The smaller model used an adaptor but I found the circulation rather weak. I use the small fan on a 38 cm long tank.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by seanang168 View Post
    Hi my ANS is direct to AC socket don't have power adaptor. The smaller model used an adaptor but I found the circulation rather weak. I use the small fan on a 38 cm long tank.
    ANS 1000 small fan's wind is very weak, the ANS 3000 is too big for my hood...

any suggestions? fyi my dymax w-7 died within 11 days of operation..i don't even dare to on it 24 hours.. but it still fail me..

mr aqua seems very big for my hood as i only have a small space around 11cm x 11cm x4 cm to mount a fan...sigh

Link to my Blog

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I used this dymax vortex fan http://www.mydymax.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=tpflypage.tpl&product_id=42&category_id=5&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=154 on 24/7 for 3 months and it didn't spoil,i don't see why fans will spoil so quickly...
    Aspiring to be.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by leefhker View Post
    I used this dymax vortex fan http://www.mydymax.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=tpflypage.tpl&product_id=42&category_id=5&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=154 on 24/7 for 3 months and it didn't spoil,i don't see why fans will spoil so quickly...
    the fan's adapter is hot during operation, i stuck a pizza hut hot sticker on it and the word hot is highly visible. i also don't know why it is so hot and unreliable. one of the bro is using the fan you recommended, having the same overheating problem.I'm going to search for a more reliable fan.

Link to my Blog

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Im using gex fan but i replace the power adaptor. Full power are too noisy, so i reduce the power a bit using adjustable power supply
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

i think mine is new design.. the fan comes with a MALE connector....

outside adapters are all male connectors too..that means i can't use them unless i DIY it to become female connector..

In addition the adapters already cost the same as the dymax fan..LOL.. no point to diy as i don't know which item is faulty...

Link to my Blog

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, care to share how much is the fan?

Quote Originally Posted by leefhker View Post

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    the fan's adapter is hot during operation, i stuck a pizza hut hot sticker on it and the word hot is highly visible. i also don't know why it is so hot and unreliable. one of the bro is using the fan you recommended, having the same overheating problem.I'm going to search for a more reliable fan.
    The adapter is a transformer and is normal for the adapter to be hot..it is not overheated or whatsoever ,this way it helps in saving power.They expect it to be hot as stated that it will run functional to 60deg c..if you can touch it,i doubt it ever reached 60 deg c..i touched mine before,yes it is hot but it is not overheated..overheated in that sense is over 60deg c. and what is more is that mine is on 24/7 for 3months with no problem. I probably think you are just unlucky to get a faulty one, it should last at least for 6months on for 24/7..it is designed to work that way anyway.
    Aspiring to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast