Country
    Singapore

Tried the Test Kit

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I am referring to a post not long ago that mentioned test kit from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Its time to discard my old test kit liow....so I went to get this by AP.
    My own opinon on it.... it is easy to use and the agents are liquid form which I preferred (unlike Dupla which is powdered). It comes with a glass test tube (used to have plastic ones from other brand), givng you a pro feel, heh heh heh[]some test comes with a easy to read chart in plastic laminated card (my Dupla one uses paper![] ) plastic make more sense right, we are handling water leh... lastly easy to read manual (instruction)

I got the Ammonia (approx. 130 test, reads 0 - 8 ppm @ $9.40), Nitrite (approx. 180 test, reads 0 - 5 ppm @ $6.90) and GH & KH ($8.10) test kit. I think the PH is ($5.10) Got these from my LFS here, Darwin Aquarium or better known as ''Pian Yi Dao Xiao" shop meaning cheap until laugh[]. they really carry lots of hardwares, if you are looking for live stock then u will be disappointed but can place orders with them. their yamatos are going at 20 nos at $12 and cardinal 50 nos at $30. That's by far the cheapest i know (60 cents each). Friendly service too.

Note: Just in case....I am not related to them in any way, just a hobbyist like all here

Jellyman

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi,
    where is this darwin acquarium located? am looking for some test kits myself

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Murphys33,

it is located near the block 85 market along Bedok North Road. Dunno the actual address[]. This is the market that sells the famous bak chor mee. that's if you are staying in the east.
    Anybody know the actual address?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    there are 3 lfs there right???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/27/2003 3:41:07 PM

there are 3 lfs there right???
    ----------------
    Arr....yes one in a small hut type near the wet market. Not that one This Darwin is 3 shops away from one call Neo aquarium (if I am correct). You cannot miss if you are walking along that stretch of 3 storey hdb shops house. You look out for chinese writing Pian Yi dao Xiao [] .
    Do you drive? If yes, you get to Bedok North road, pass the Bedok Police station, then pass Blk 85 market (food centre), make a left turn just after the over head bridge. the shop will be at your left along that small road you have turned in. Along this stretch you also see there is a bird shop. Hope this help

jellyman

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    is this the one near the bedok library ie the block oppososite the library... i think betwen the 2 blocks facing back to back, there are 3 lfs there.... thot darwin is one of them

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, I have the pH test kit which I got it cheaply from a M'sian LFS 3 yrs ago. The vial is made of glass which is very good when observing results (clear view). Problem is, glass when dropped often break (....duhzzz) so you'll have to be extra careful on this point. Anyway, if you do loose/break this glass vial, you can use any other vial that is able to measure 5ml. That's how much you'll need for the water sample.

just my 2 cents worth.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    No...No not at Bedok central area. It is the area opposite block 117 Bedok North Road. There is no library here!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/27/2003 4:05:17 PM

Yes, I have the pH test kit which I got it cheaply from a M'sian LFS 3 yrs ago......
    ----------------

Any good and well stock LFS at our neighbouring country?
    wanna get advantage of forex[]

Jellyman

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What bus number from Bedok Interchange goes there?
    Corydoras: 2 x adolfoi, 1 x agassizii, 5 x albino aeneus, 3 x arcuatus, 4 x atropersonatus, 3 x axelrodi, 6 x axelrodi variante B, 4 x caudimaculatus, 5 x duplicareus, 8 x goldlines, 3 x kanei, 3 x loretoensis, 6 x melini, 4 x panda, 6 x schwartzi, 3 x similis, 4 x sterbai, 4 x surinamensis, 5 x trilineatus, 4 x tukano & 3 x zygatus

RIP 1 x adolfoi, 1 x albino aeneus & 2 x panda

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If my memory serves me right feeder bus 224 goes there. Used to live in that area about 10 yrs back.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/27/2003 10:33:54 PM

If my memory serves me right feeder bus 224 goes there. Used to live in that area about 10 yrs back.
    ----------------

I hope the route it ply still the same. []
    Corydoras: 2 x adolfoi, 1 x agassizii, 5 x albino aeneus, 3 x arcuatus, 4 x atropersonatus, 3 x axelrodi, 6 x axelrodi variante B, 4 x caudimaculatus, 5 x duplicareus, 8 x goldlines, 3 x kanei, 3 x loretoensis, 6 x melini, 4 x panda, 6 x schwartzi, 3 x similis, 4 x sterbai, 4 x surinamensis, 5 x trilineatus, 4 x tukano & 3 x zygatus

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Your memory did not fail you BUT rather the bus service fail us, heh heh heh[] No more 224. Now 222 or 14

If you are taking 222, take the bus from the bus stop which is opposite the MRT ( dun take the one from interchange). the bus will head straight and make a turn after the stadium. Please alight after the turn (this bus stop is after BP and Shell gas station). Cross the road. The shop should be at your left when you are crossing the road (3 storey hdb shop houses)

jellyman []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/27/2003 10:35:40 PM

Bus 222 or 14. If you are taking 222, take the bus from the bus stop which is opposite the MRT ( dun take the one from interchange). the bus will head straight and make a turn after the stadium. Please alight after the turn (this bus stop is after BP and Shell gas station). Cross the road. The shop should be at your left when you are crossing the road (3 storey hdb shop houses)

jellyman
    ----------------

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    They must be wondering why business on test Kid so good huh???

Hi Guys, please do ask for AP NO3 test kits as well...This will make them wanting to bring in...I believe BigBoy (the sole distributor) is not bringing NO3 into Singapore.

Cheers