3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Aura Blue Shrimps

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Sharing a couple of videos of my newly purchased Aura Blue shrimps..

As always.. watch in HD!

In breeding box

In tank

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice shrimps bro. Got from GC?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Aura Blue Shrimps

very impressive blue. Hows their price compare to blue snow white?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Noobz View Post
    Nice shrimps bro. Got from GC?
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by zphone View Post
    very impressive blue. Hows their price compare to blue snow white?
    Thank you! They're about 1/7th the price of a blue bolt

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Blue is the new Red !
    Maybe i can throw in my mutated fire blue to try to mate with aura blue = alien

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

One thing I noticed about them is that they are very strong shrimps, both in built and in their ability to jump. Totally unlike the Fire reds, who don't fight alot once they are in the net

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Simply nice... Where to get them... Will it cross breed with CRS?

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

are they hard to keep? looks nice!!!

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I'm currently keeping them with CRS.

As far as I know they don't cross breed with CRS. They prefer soft low pH waters, just like the CRS. I've been told that GH value of 5 is ideal for them...

Right now I'm keeping them in a tank with the following parameters

pH: 5.6
    GH: 3-4
    KH: 1-2
    TDS: 115
    Temperature: 25-26 deg C.

I do water change / top up purely with LIFE distilled water.

On a side note, have anyone tested the pH of LIFE distilled water lately? I tested mine @ 5.6 pH 2 nights ago right after a fresh calibration. Thought my pH meter is spoilt so got a friend to come over and use his pH meter and it read 5.55 (After fresh calibration too). That's pretty acidic man.. haha!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Side by side with my CRS Flowerhead mama..

I'll keep this post updated with their feeding and breeding behaviour. I know that the Aura Blue (AB) males will dance along with the CRS males if a CRS female is releasing the hormone. I've been told that this is true across the fresh water crustacean line. It means that if my Aura blue female is ready, my male CRS will also dance along with the AB males. However this doesn't mean that they will crossbreed..

Also from now on I'll refer to the Aura Blues as AB for convenience purposes..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    One thing I noticed about them is that they are very strong shrimps, both in built and in their ability to jump. Totally unlike the Fire reds, who don't fight alot once they are in the net
    You know.. I noticed that too. They seem super hardy! I bought 4 pieces earlier prior to this shipment, the last 4 available.. they are quite lak sek (poorly coloured) compared to this batch. When I put them side by side with Yamato.. very little differences except for the blue tinge.. haha! Could they be a mutated yamato? I've seen my yamato's head turn BLUE before! When I gave them away to my friends, all their heads (6-7 pieces) were blue for a while.. then went back to normal after an hour or so..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

wah more shrimp??!! i need to catch up man... I'm so lagging behind you guys. I'm so gutted that I won't be able to get my new tank till after new year. I'm dying even for just some fire red!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by daniel19831123 View Post
    wah more shrimp??!! i need to catch up man... I'm so lagging behind you guys. I'm so gutted that I won't be able to get my new tank till after new year. I'm dying even for just some fire red!
    Haha! When you're ready I'll bring you to a place with very.. very good fire reds. In one of the east side farms! We didn't go there last time due to the time constraints. I wish I could put these guys in my cube.. But due to the high GH (Seiryu rocks) I can't.. Also super high nitrate there! Haha!

These guys will look even more amazing on a lighter coloured soil.

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bro Ecalyte, can they be kept in non chiller tank? 27 -28 Deg ??

IMO,they look better than Blue Pearl

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post

Wah.. I really have no idea. This is the first time I've kept them (bar the previous stock of 4 which I also kept in a chilled tank). I think the best way to find out is to try.. maybe purchase 3-5 and see if they do well. One of mine died in a 7.2 pH tank with 9 GH. So I know for a fact that they need soft acidic water, confirmed by a very seasoned shrimper. Hopefully more bros who've kept them can share their experiences...

And yes, they look much much better than Blue Pearl (BP).. to me, BP has a very dull shade to its colour, where as the AB's colour is very vibrant.. shiny.. and much deeper shade of blue. I think it's a matter of personal preference.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

They are really blue. I had 5 for over 2 plus months now. 1 dead totally due to my fault. I sucked it up when changing water and did not notice till at least 2 mins later when I saw something blue jumping up on my sink amid all my green moss :-( I scooped it up and threw it back to my tank. Although I had the tap running, it seemed ok back in the tank. at least till the next day when I had a dead aura blue. Almost sure it was the same one.

I am running a chiller but only at 28 degrees as I did not have anything that needed anything lower. So they are definitely good to go at 27-28 deg. All of them are still at a deep deep blue. In fact I think they have gotten bluer. Two of them seem to be almost the same size as my small oto now.

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ecalyte View Post
    Wah.. I really have no idea. This is the first time I've kept them (bar the previous stock of 4 which I also kept in a chilled tank). I think the best way to find out is to try.. maybe purchase 3-5 and see if they do well. One of mine died in a 7.2 pH tank with 9 GH. So I know for a fact that they need soft acidic water, confirmed by a very seasoned shrimper. Hopefully more bros who've kept them can share their experiences...

And yes, they look much much better than Blue Pearl (BP).. to me, BP has a very dull shade to its colour, where as the AB's colour is very vibrant.. shiny.. and much deeper shade of blue. I think it's a matter of personal preference.
    Oh my tank is at a constant 6.8/6.9 due to ADA soil. I inject CO2 and dose quite abit of ferts as well. No issues so far. My KH is zero (due to ADA?) GH is constantly 3/4 whenever I do check.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ecalyte View Post
    Haha! When you're ready I'll bring you to a place with very.. very good fire reds. In one of the east side farms! We didn't go there last time due to the time constraints. I wish I could put these guys in my cube.. But due to the high GH (Seiryu rocks) I can't.. Also super high nitrate there! Haha!

These guys will look even more amazing on a lighter coloured soil.
    Cool. I was looking into going to this shop in havelock road called East Coast aquatic. I think this is the one that you mentioned previously. Wanted to see if they have any stainless steel light stand for sale.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for sharing, was looking for this AB for some time. Will drop by GC tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro! Haha AB now ehh? You make me feel like adding AB into my shrimp tank... Ok I will do it sometime soon, red and blue looks nice together haha
    Been awhile since i last kept shrimps/ fishes, please give me your kind guidance!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast