Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: White transparent cotton like stuff forming on my Riccia an

White transparent cotton like stuff forming on my Riccia an

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry if i am freaking out but i think it is stopping my riccia from bubbling. Plants are growing. and blubbling for the last 1 week. sorry if it sounds brief. Pls Advise.

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    are you using diy co2 without a bubble counter?
    else may be some sort of fungal growth. remove it manually.
    thomas liew

negative, i am currently using cylinder CO2 tank. have tried to remove some already but there are still some visible strands left on my plants.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello Vincent, did you happen to use Dennerle Gold 7?

BC

nope

by the way whats gold 7 used for?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dennerle Gold 7 is a plant growth promoter. I used to get whitish stringy stuff when I used them. No harm to anything though.

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    But it's ugly right? lol!
    Better find out what is it first.
    I'm back!

Feedback Score
    Do you have jig wood in your tank? Those that require pre-soaking or weights to keep them down else they float? I once included a piece of really beautiful jig wood in my tank setup. I had already soaked it in water for 3 weeks before the setup. But after a week, whitish slime starts growing on the wood. I tried using my bare hands to remove them but they r so light they just dislodged themselves and settled onto my riccia. I went to NA where I bought the wood and they advised me to pour boiling water over the wood. I tried but the slime just comes back few days later. Got fed up and gave the wood away. No more problems after that.

I think the whitish slime might be the sap of the wood. I hope this might help.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi hi,

encountered yr problem b4, i oso did buy the wood from NA, IMO, the white stuffs r harmless, it "disappear" after like 1 or 2 week for my case, although it looks unsightly at 1st.

Re:

[quote:6b4def9134="Flare"]Do you have jig wood in your tank? Those that require pre-soaking or weights to keep them down else they float? I once included a piece of really beautiful jig wood in my tank setup. I had already soaked it in water for 3 weeks before the setup. But after a week, whitish slime starts growing on the wood. I tried using my bare hands to remove them but they r so light they just dislodged themselves and settled onto my riccia. I went to NA where I bought the wood and they advised me to pour boiling water over the wood. I tried but the slime just comes back few days later. Got fed up and gave the wood away. No more problems after that.

I think the whitish slime might be the sap of the wood. I hope this might help.[/quote:6b4def9134]

Poor guy getting your wood...