4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Total wipeout want to cry

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My maid sprayed baygon around the room when i was not home! when i came home the tank was a total wipeout!! MY 4 MONTHS OF HARD WORK. Down the drain... feel like giving up!!
    still learning the hard way!!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Total wipeout want to cry

Bro, so everything gone?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

yeah ='( all and 2 berried!! i feel like giving up

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Fire your maid XD. Did you tell your maid not to spray insecticide? I tell everyone in my house not to spray chemical stuff near tank as shrimp are very sensitive.
    Last edited by xconnect.; 4th Jan 2012 at 22:35.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

What done is done. Look ahead for your new project.

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, sorry to hear that... don't give up...

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah I understand how you feel bro. Must be so heart pain. Why the maid so sotong? Tank got shrimp cannot see meh. Sometime I feel that they work blindly and simply bor charp base on personal experience with my maid.

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobz View Post
    Wah I understand how you feel bro. Must be so heart pain. Why the maid so sotong? Tank got shrimp cannot see meh. Sometime I feel that they work blindly and simply bor charp base on personal experience with my maid.
    I worry more for the maid now than for the dead shrimps. She sure kenna big time by the TS.
    Zack

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Move on and start again... you are still learning....

PS. no one can beat me... i spray into my already thriving cherries tank..
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ZackZhou View Post
    I worry more for the maid now than for the dead shrimps. She sure kenna big time by the TS.
    at least got maid to blame... i blame the big wasp/hornet flying around my tanks.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ya. Going to move on to PRL and KK liao. still finding space to put 3ft cabinet.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Aww... It is really unfortunate..
    From what i practise so far... i always tell my maid not to spray anything near the tank.Even at times when she frys chilli with oil(you know those chilli oil sorts of evaporates and spreads through the house irritating the eyes and nose) i will ask her to shut the kitchen door..and always reminds her..
    The same goes with any family member that doesn't really know much about this hobby... their ignorance might eventually cause a wipeout too.. so just inform them beforehand to prevent such tragedy from happening again..

You can probably treat this as a learning point and come back stronger.. giving up is just presenting oneself for not being able to face up to failure...
    Aspiring to be.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Stand up and look forward to your new and big project bro. Just take that as a lesson learn. Better than it happen on your new project right? Hehe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Omg if it happen to my new project die. Err I wonder if soil still can be used. Maybe give it away? But afraid still got bug spray in the soil.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

To be safe is to discard. Else wash it couple of times? Suck the surface water out as pesticide I think is oil which floats on water surface

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. What did you lose??

I had a big scare too last year when I sprayed insecticide in the hall and the wind blew some into the room tank. Everything was jumping and swimming around.

Didn't know what to do and emptied a bottle of old sea mud into the tank. When the tank finally cleared hours later, everything was ok! Either the insecticide was very little, or the old sea mud kinda absorbed the toxins.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So unfortunate to hear your story, only preventive measures is to get rid of the insecticide. So no mishaps for the maid to use it. Get a fly swatter instead, can buy those battery ones to fry any flying insect.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I lose 15sss 2berried mother. 2crownhead

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith82 View Post
    So unfortunate to hear your story, only preventive measures is to get rid of the insecticide. So no mishaps for the maid to use it. Get a fly swatter instead, can buy those battery ones to fry any flying insect.
    I agree! After that bug spray incident, I went to war with the ants. The whole reason why I was spraying was because they came into my room to steal food out of the auto-feeder for my shrimp tank!

I bought alot of ant baits

and spam it all over the house. I found a few nests and destroyed them. One of the nests was inside the handle of my underused shrimp net!

I suggest TS use baits and traps and totally get rid of any insect pests, then no more need to spray.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

You have an alternative to the whole get-rid-of-insecticide thing. I too, lost some precious fish the last time I used a bug spray containing pyrethrin in my house. It was extremely effective vs those tiny biting ants called Pharaoh Ants, and within 3 months my home was free of them, including other crawling insects too. The solution is to cover your tank before you go bug zapping. Cling wrap was excellent for this purpose, at least in my case. Just remind your maid to do this next time and be wary of the wind direction. The wrap can be removed once the insecticide smell has subsided.

Good luck on the next setup. Before you do this, I would suggest that you wipe out all the pest insects before you start, to prevent another mishap.

@xconnect, there's no reason to fire the maid for doing her job. Some of them do not know about the sensitivity of aquatic animals to aerosols in the air, in this case insecticide. It is the employer who must tell them what can and cannot be done.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast