Images
    Country
    Singapore

Help on internal reactor

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Really need some help here, got a CO2 set from NA the other week. Set up the system. Facing problems with the internal reactor. When i adjust to 1bps, the CO2 cant push pass into the reactor, worst still is the water from the reactor enters in the tubing back to the bubble counter. I have to turn more bubbles like 6bps to push the CO2 thru. I connect the internal reactor to the outflow tubing of the canister filter.

Anybody faced this kind of problem b4? Anyway to solve the problem? Pls help, thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    There is some backpressure in this kind of setups but the pressurized CO2 system should be able to overcome this though. Something is not quite right here...You can try placing a check-valve between the internal reactor and the bubble to prevent any back-siphoning of water back to the bubble counter and also to check for kink tubings.

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i did try to place a check valve btw the bubble counter n the reactor, after which i discovered CO2 was leaking from the opening connected to the check valve. So i replace the whole piece with jus 1 single tubing, however the problem seems to persist, although its backflowing at a slower rate, the CO2 jus dun seem to push thru at 1bps, unless i raise it higher.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    there should be a leak somewhere.
    even with 1bps, co2 would be able to 'push' into the reactor.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm...think got to soak the bubble counter to check for leak.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for the help guys, found the problem, it was the bubble counter tat was leaking resulting in the lost of pressure. Think bring back to NA n change. Now connect a tubing straight from the needle valve to the reactor with 2 1-way valve. Temporary measure, works great with 1bps even...lolx, thanks once again