Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Pseudomugil sp. "Red Neon"

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have an interest in them, but until I take the plunge, I'm researching beforehand. Don't wish to make a mistake, because these shrimps aren't cheap to begin with.

It's more of trial and error when it comes to using coral chips. Saw this Benibachi Golden Soil pH 7.2 at GC, so I might use that in conjunction with coral chips, to see if the pH can go up to 8 or so.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I admire your patience... Anyways, I met another bro from here yesterday who is a shrimp man and has experience with sulas. You might wanna have a chat with bro Matt. He sold me some sula plants. And he mentioned a mass order for sulas coming up.

Anyways, my darling Shrimps are now in their new tank with pH 7.6. Here are some pics to share...

The tank:

The residents:

Tapatalking with my Galaxy S2

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by PupiPupi View Post
    I admire your patience... Anyways, I met another bro from here yesterday who is a shrimp man and has experience with sulas. You might wanna have a chat with bro Matt. He sold me some sula plants. And he mentioned a mass order for sulas coming up.

Anyways, my darling Shrimps are now in their new tank with pH 7.6. Here are some pics to share...
    hah!..I see you got the sulawesi fern from...let me guess..Matt? hehe
    I'm getting some myself.....how many stalks are in your setup?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by sateman View Post
    hah!..I see you got the sulawesi fern from...let me guess..Matt? hehe
    I'm getting some myself.....how many stalks are in your setup?
    Hi Sate. Yup... From Matt. Thats 3 stalks. 2 in the back and one in front.

Tapatalking with my Galaxy S2

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

That's Ottelia mesenterium. Not much info on how to keep these plants though. This thread on another forum was an interesting read:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...te-4-21-a.html

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    This thread on another forum...
    JianYang, thanks for the link. While I wasn't looking to set up a sulawesi tank, yet, I like the river-current styled setup. I'll bet that this design will work great for a full Corydoras tank!!! I'm just very apprehensive about drilling holes into glass tanks!!

BTW, in case you folks are overly engrossed in the discussions (it happens) and overlooked that we've gone way off topic (nothing to do with Pseudomugils already), may I suggest kicking off another sula thread to make searching easier and reading, relevant.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your new tank with golden soil. If it doesn't need a PhD to get it running swell, I *might* have an itch to scratch!!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Lucky me, the big driftwood from GC fits... nicely.

Pics of my own Sulawesi tank attempt to come shortly, in a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill View Post
    JianYang, thanks for the link. While I wasn't looking to set up a sulawesi tank, yet, I like the river-current styled setup. I'll bet that this design will work great for a full Corydoras tank!!! I'm just very apprehensive about drilling holes into glass tanks!!

BTW, in case you folks are overly engrossed in the discussions (it happens) and overlooked that we've gone way off topic (nothing to do with Pseudomugils already), may I suggest kicking off another sula thread to make searching easier and reading, relevant.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your new tank with golden soil. If it doesn't need a PhD to get it running swell, I *might* have an itch to scratch!!
    I concur.....how did this thread got hi-jacked to a Sulawesi shrimp thread? PupPupi...... j/k....haha..how are your cardinals doing? They look great...and the tank set up looking pretty awesome as well...now I really have an itch to scratch.

Stormhawk, saw your sula set up on another thread. I've never thought of using lava rock as a substrate for a high PH environment. Wish I had your wisdom when I was keeping my Tanganyika. My saving grace back then was the local water was pretty hard already hence there was not much I had to do to boost the PH. But that gave me nightmares when I was keeping discus.

Ronnie, you have more staying power to resist temptation than I do...as soon as I saw the pics of Sulawesi shrimps, I knew it was game over for me.. I've got to try my hands on it.

I am looking forward to learn from all of you re: Sulawesi tanks and how to set it up....now, only if I can find more time...haha...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Lava rocks to me, form another layer of bio filtration in a tank. The fissures in the rocks are great for having bacteria cultures so they aid in the overall health of the tank. Think of these rocks as the equivalent of live rock in marine tanks, once mature. Besides, they look great once green or brown algae grow on them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Exams have ended and I've finally got some time to take some pictures of these guys too. Really pretty.

Their set up:

Cheers,
    Bernard
    Kept (no more ) Betta persephone, B. miniopinna, B. sp. palangkaraya, B. uberis, B. channoides, B. burdigala
    Pseudepiplatys annulatus, Nannostomus eques

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You should dump in a spawning mop soon, I'm sure they will lay eggs in no time.
    Currently keeping large predatory fish 🐟

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Haha. I have to go get some yarn and make one. I don't see any eggs on the java moss though. The females keep running from the male.
    Cheers,
    Bernard
    Kept (no more ) Betta persephone, B. miniopinna, B. sp. palangkaraya, B. uberis, B. channoides, B. burdigala

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I believe there should be some eggs among the Java moss but it's left unnoticed. Chances are, if the adults are well fed, the eggs should be there or else it's likely they are eaten.
    Currently keeping large predatory fish 🐟

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I hope so! Haha. Would be really nice to have more of them to add to my planted tank in the long-run since it's too costly to buy them in bulk.
    Cheers,
    Bernard

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Any idea on getting them coloured up?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Any idea on getting them coloured up?
    Stock 1 male to 1 female minimum ratio, increase female up to three if need be. Ensure they have ample space to wiggle about, give them plants to hide under etc.

I feed normal Hikari fish food and they colour up fine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345