Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No senior or friend involved, I would like to know......

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

No senior or friend involved, I would like to know......

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    If you have noticed most showcases are banded PRLs, rarely anything more.

In this case would you reverse the gradings of PRL as compared to the standard CRS?

Meaning flowerheads being the lowest grade as they are most likely impure?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: No senior or friend involved, I would like to know......

Interesting I would like to see the discuss. I'm really wondering not that there is a grading system for prl. But why are majority of the show case prl or lower grade namely mostly banded piece and not of flowerhead etc. True most people see in prl is the coloration instead of the grades but there are some
    Whom love the or prefer the whiteness more. So do we grade prl like Crs??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
    So do we grade prl like Crs??
    Well there are people who say PRL have no grading and yet in their sales thread they sell them with CRS gradings.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So far on market, I notice PRL goes by colouration without grading. In my opinion PRL's are better bloodline heritage shrimps.
    It has reach a stage people appreciate the colouration than grading system because of better genes therefore better colour or features. Assuming it will have better offsprings also.
    More of marketing and tryin to further classify or benchmark a value of the shrimp and then the grading comes in.

Just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Actually in Taiwan now most of the showcase PRLs are always hinos..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My bad yes Hino is the max they would show case now the question why wouldn't the go further to show higher pattern? wouldn't it outshine due to the relevant thick white? and Redness?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    My bad yes Hino is the max they would show case now the question why wouldn't the go further to show higher pattern? wouldn't it outshine due to the relevant thick white? and Redness?
    Haha, that will be called PWL (pure white line) liao

Send from my GT-P1000 (Overcome 7 Series v4.0.0)
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I think it's more to do with the fact that the red is so intense.. that having a Mosura grade with no red on the body will not really show case its quality..

However when I was in Hong Kong.. I went to this shop Nigons and saw a berried Mosura Elegant Lady PRL that was so damned stunning.. I've seen many show-quality CRS but never seen one up close until that point. Me and my gf spent 15 minutes (maybe exaggerated but it was a long time!) looking for the slightest cracks in the body.. but cannot find any..

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I do think that any pattern that is above a mosura contains golden genes.

Some people list on their threads grades for prl just for indicating the pattern of it? People in general would still prefer hinos and mosura pattern to banded considering that they have the same grade on colour?
    Zack

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

my bad yes hino is the max they would show case now the question why wouldn't the go further to show higher pattern? Wouldn't it outshine due to the relevant thick white? And redness?
    oi clear your inbox la!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

To answer TS, Bro Cheetf's question. My personal opinion is such:

If we should break out the Words, Pure Red Line, and look at their individual meaning; Pure = without blemish or impurities; Red = One of the many colours in the colour spectrum; Line = Breed/origin (in context to Lineage). Do Correct if I'm wrong, still learning and England is half bucket.

Thus, from those 3 words, whoever came up with it, should indicate that this particular category of shrimps should be graded based on at least the first 2 words, Pure & Red. As pure & red as possible, nothing else. That's how I look at it, Hinos or Flowerheads will be a bonus and may just make it more interesting to look at but value is still colour based.
    Shrimps Watching.
    Voted No.1 as Stress Reliever & Anti-Depressant.

Fine prints: Please learn to keep them alive successfully before applying.

http://shrimpsredefined.wordpress.com/

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

If we should break out the Words, Pure Red Line, and look at their individual meaning; Pure = without blemish or impurities; Red = One of the many colours in the colour spectrum; Line = Breed/origin (in context to Lineage). Do Correct if I'm wrong, still learning and England is half bucket.

Thus, from those 3 words, whoever came up with it, should indicate that this particular category of shrimps should be graded based on at least the first 2 words, Pure & Red. As pure & red as possible, nothing else. That's how I look at it, Hinos or Flowerheads will be a bonus and may just make it more interesting to look at but value is still colour based.
    Bro Matt, the thing is that till this date, PRL lines have not bred out a single flowerhead for years. Thus, i would be safe to say that pure lines would not have any flowerhead offsprings. Several lines that have flowerheads in their population all deemed to have mixed with golden/snowwhite in the early days.
    Zack

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

yes , i agree that prl are most emphasised for it's colours rather than the strips.. golden is used to improve the strips 'design' while prl is not that easy as the line is maintained . For example, if you have a tigertooth x tigertooth(prl) the probabilty of the offsprings having mosura is not very high.. also i do believe that to achieve flowerhead,golden have to come in between somewhere earlier..
    Aspiring to be.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

IMG_6988.jpg
    I bought this pcs in Hongkong as PRL. What do you guys think? (hopefully no golden gene :P) My grading opinion in PRL is similiar with CRS.. The better colour is important, but the pattern is also important. In the market, the price of a/s grade PRL will be cheaper than hino PRL provided they both have the same good colour quality.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Eviltrain bro had proposed sometime ago that the grading for pattern and colors should be separated. There can be a C pattern, +++ Color shrimp, or a SSS mosura flowerhead with only + Color.

If we reference the color grading system I had proposed for fire reds previously, which is primarily for color and coverage, we may be able to set up a system?

Although most mosuras are not likely to be pure, I would not go to the extremes of "reversing" the grading system, as I'm sure we can find many many hinos that are spectacular in colors

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ecalyte View Post
    oi clear your inbox la!
    Clear already la my work site no access Internet go home no time see Internet la haha clear Liao!!!!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ZackZhou View Post
    Bro Matt, the thing is that till this date, PRL lines have not bred out a single flowerhead for years. Thus, i would be safe to say that pure lines would not have any flowerhead offsprings. Several lines that have flowerheads in their population all deemed to have mixed with golden/snowwhite in the early days.
    I agree that if flowerheads do appear in PRL, there must be some crossing with SW somewhere somehow. In my previous post, I was trying to say that IF any higher grade patterns such as Hino/Flowerheads do appear in PRL (if it's PURE), it would just be nice to look at but value of that PRL will still be based on its colour's intensity and thickness.

BUT then again, having said that, a Banded thick and solid colour PRL VS Hino PRL similar colour thickness, the market values the Hino more.
    Shrimps Watching.
    Voted No.1 as Stress Reliever & Anti-Depressant.

Fine prints: Please learn to keep them alive successfully before applying.

http://shrimpsredefined.wordpress.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

If we should break out the Words, Pure Red Line, and look at their individual meaning; Pure = without blemish or impurities; Red = One of the many colours in the colour spectrum; Line = Breed/origin (in context to Lineage). Do Correct if I'm wrong, still learning and England is half bucket

Pure Red Line, I belief is coined to define CRS that are red and have not been mixed with golden genes. If you look up the term pedigree it would fit in fine for PRL.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    Eviltrain bro had proposed sometime ago that the grading for pattern and colors should be separated. There can be a C pattern, +++ Color shrimp, or a SSS mosura flowerhead with only + Color.

If we reference the color grading system I had proposed for fire reds previously, which is primarily for color and coverage, we may be able to set up a system?

Although most mosuras are not likely to be pure, I would not go to the extremes of "reversing" the grading system, as I'm sure we can find many many hinos that are spectacular in colors
    Well from the looks of it there would only 2 grades, Hino and Banded. Mosuras can be left out of the grading as technically they would be considered impure. Maybe the banded can further be split.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
    Well from the looks of it there would only 2 grades, Hino and Banded. Mosuras can be left out of the grading as technically they would be considered impure. Maybe the banded can further be split.
    Hehe. Back to tiger tooth, v shape patterns?

Send from my GT-P1000 (Overcome 7 Series v4.0.0)
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast