Country
    Singapore

Filter choice for new shrimp tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Any thoughts and idea on the ideal filter for nano shrimp tank? I am using the GEX shape s size just to put on my desk.. Would an under-gravel filter connected to a hang on filter work well? I think it is manufactured by 'UP'... Any thoughts please?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Filter choice for new shrimp tank

Nano tank best don't use ugf instead use a sponge filter. Ugf will cause soil to erode faster if it is not setup properly and for a small tank if your soil erode till mud stage than you will to change it. Use a sponge better still use a hof but remember to cover your inlet properly. If you are keeping a few shrimps maybe about 10 all this should well.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bro you can try the eheim liberty series. I just bought the 2040 for my gex S size and it fit's just nice. No biomedia just a filter carbon sponge thou. Maybe you can add some biomedia in the filter.
    I suggest you get the smallest one as the other sizes are too big for the gex S.
    NA is having discount for the liberty series.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies... but I currently have a Dolphin H80 and H100, would this work as well as the Ehiem? also, there is only a slight agitation on the surface of the water, is this enough to sustain life? haha...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by DaCross View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies... but I currently have a Dolphin H80 and H100, would this work as well as the Ehiem? also, there is only a slight agitation on the surface of the water, is this enough to sustain life? haha...
    I think if you are using a Gex S size, any filter would be good. Maybe you might just want to add some media in your filter like what i did.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

those are the bio-glass things right? the white ones that comes in ball and rings form?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Any type of hof works well enough. Or a sponge filter inside is also ok if u don't mind the sponge taking much of your tank space.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by DaCross View Post
    those are the bio-glass things right? the white ones that comes in ball and rings form?
    u can just get any media, cheap ones or anything, just dump afew peices into your filter. Works well..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

alright man guys! thank you so much for you help.. will do accordingly and hope for the best.. heehee~!