Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Sharing my Joy and humble tank !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Sharing my Joy and humble tank !

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bro

After so many attempt and non stop drooling from all the brothers shrimp picture and tank. I am proud to share my Joy with everyone.

I would like to specially thank Zenith Bro who poison me, inspire me for having my first crs tank and later having my sulawesi tank. Most importantly, Connectx bro and Zenith Bro advise me alot. Thank you for all those advices.

Today I finally got in the my sulawesi shrimps and CRS !!! The Crs is a S grade from crs haven to test water before sending in the majority of the crs in. No worry, it is been cycled , just trying to be safe.

I got 4 cardinal shrimps with 3 berried from superstar aquarium and 2 little yellow rabbit snails. I shall hope everything is fine before i add in more.

My Sulawesi tank ( 1 Feet plus plus )
    -2 Sulawesi rocks and 1 lava rocks
    -air stone with little bubble to prevent stress
    -Frogbits with common plants

Arent They cute!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Sharing my Joy and humble tank !

nice startup..do paste up a piece of oyama paper at the back.It will look better..
    Nice sulawesi start up too..everybody is sulawes-ing nowadays.. hehe when i got the time, i shall join in the party too..
    Aspiring to be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

2 tank at 1 go hahaha nice sulawesi setup simple and neat i am surprise those cardinal will explore normally they go into hiding.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nice and simple setup, hopefully you get shrimplets soon.
    Last edited by Zenith82; 1st Mar 2012 at 11:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Sulawesi tanks seemed to be making a real comeback this year!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    Sulawesi tanks seemed to be making a real comeback this year!
    What are the requirement for keeping Sulawesi ?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
    2 tank at 1 go hahaha nice sulawesi setup simple and neat i am surprise those cardinal will explore normally they go into hiding.
    For me, the cardinals are a bit more gungho whereas the other sulawesis are still very timid.

Chansl, you are 1 lucky chap...3 berried cardinals...Wow!! Hope you get lots of shrimplets. And those are very beautiful specimens...nice lovely colour. What do you feed them?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Woo View Post
    What are the requirement for keeping Sulawesi ?
    Sulawesi Shrimps are very sensitive line of shrimps. Please do read more if you want to jump into it.

- Water parameters should be around PH of 8, no lesser than 7.8.
    - KH should best be kept at least above 5 to have a good buffer to your waters.
    - Keep GH as low as possible is one of the keys, because its almost impossible to achieve low GH levels (1-4?) with all the PH buffering substrate or rocks. A good gauge should be about around 7. Anything higher than 10, shrimps will start to have molting problems. Thou its proven that some breeders can keep them at GH above 12. Its better safe than sorry.
    - They're picky eaters and very shy, food left in the open might not even be touched, and the tylos (if you keep any) will probably finish it before anything.
    - They prefer to gaze on Algae like GDA, and planktonic food. Which Sponge filters/lava rocks are a plus because particles of food are always trapped there.
    - Other food they're know to eat are dried ketapang/almond leaves and crushed snails.
    - Sensitive to water changes and shift in sudden parameters. Make sure you properly aged your waters and parameters before topping up/changing water.

These are the responsibilities of an owner, don't keep them unless you're ready to commit(same to all types of shrimps.), if you're ready, welcome to the family!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I notice the sponge guard at the filter inlet. Should be an original Gex one? If so, consider changing to finer sponge or more ideally, stainless steel filter cage. I believe the shrimps are small enough to be sucked through.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Actually that was the tricky thing. They dont seem to like crs haven food (both plant and meat food). I am now trying with Borneo wild frenzy and bio plus. Shall update again =)

Quote Originally Posted by sateman View Post
    For me, the cardinals are a bit more gungho whereas the other sulawesis are still very timid.

Chansl, you are 1 lucky chap...3 berried cardinals...Wow!! Hope you get lots of shrimplets. And those are very beautiful specimens...nice lovely colour. What do you feed them?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cherabin View Post
    I notice the sponge guard at the filter inlet. Should be an original Gex one? If so, consider changing to finer sponge or more ideally, stainless steel filter cage. I believe the shrimps are small enough to be sucked through.
    Oh no .. Serious .. The sulawesi shrimp seems to be able to cling on it. You mean the babies ?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

yea, gex sponge has too big spores, tried and tested. babies all end up in my filter. can try gush sponge/shrimp guard. if not those individual inlet sponge they normally sell in LFS with interlining gaps between works too, just cut to length.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jovel View Post
    yea, gex sponge has too big spores, tried and tested. babies all end up in my filter. can try gush sponge/shrimp guard. if not those individual inlet sponge they normally sell in LFS with interlining gaps between works too, just cut to length.
    THANK SO MUCH !! I think i must fast get it before the babies are due ..