Country
    Singapore

Rams don't stand a chance !

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi folks,

Just bought a pair of Rams (blue I think) from Tiong Bahru. It has been a few days
    already and they hardly east because all the pellets were snapped up by the tetras
    before they can eat it ! If they are lucky, a few will drop down and the Rams will snap
    them up. Else, they don't come to the surface at all to feed.

What can I do ? Is this normal ?

Thks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    they are just more shy then your other fish

i feel it is normal, and what you need to do is to make sure everyone will have something to eat..after the tetras are full they will stop eating naturally

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    spread yr feeding area.. if u drop food only at one point then most likely those at the bottom dun stand a chance.. i prefer to spread my feeding over around the tank

Feedback Score
    Hi Peter

Rams r very shy...& they will not be amg the more lively tetras during feeding time. So, u'd need to spread ur feeding, like wat Simon suggested. My ram, tho' shy, now is quite familiar wif me in the sense it comes near the surface during feeding time & waits for me to drop tetra pellets. I drop 1 or 2 per time & make sure he eats it before i drop more. It also helps dat these pellets drop very slowly. Once i feel he's had enuf, i feed my other 21 hemo. rodwayi

Nizz

----------------
    On 3/5/2002 4:51:08 PM

Hi folks,

Just bought a pair of Rams (blue I think) from Tiong Bahru. It has been a few days
    already and they hardly east because all the pellets were snapped up by the tetras
    before they can eat it ! If they are lucky, a few will drop down and the Rams will snap
    them up. Else, they don't come to the surface at all to feed.

What can I do ? Is this normal ?

Thks.
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Both my Rams died, 24 hr apart They hided in the background plants and refused to come out a few days ago. Like I said, they don't seem to stand a chance against the Neons and Rummynose even though they are bigger. Feel like trying again but afraid of the same outcome.

I may consider just getting a school of Cheryy Barbs to complete my 2 ft tank. By the way, those small tetra-sized so-called Cherry Barbs (seen at Tiong Bahru and Tempines) don't look like those bigger and playful Cherry Barbs with pink shiny scales that I know of. Different strains ??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think your rams are stressed, that's all. Maybe the conditions not right also. Check your parameters. Anyway, I am keeping Holland Rams with tetras. 7 of them, with about 50 tetras. When I feed them with bloodworms, the tetras dun stand a chance. Only when I feed with beefheart, both get to eat. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    7 rams ?? wow .. your tank must be pretty big. my tetras must be bandits and the rams virgin

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My rams are never too shy to take food from my fingers =) they fight with the tetra for blood worms which i always feed. Sometimes i just throw the cube into the tank and after the blood worm touches the water, my rams came feeding frenzy, usually feed them 3-4times a day =)
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    All : "I may consider just getting a school of Cherry Barbs to complete my 2 ft tank. By the way, those small tetra-sized so-called Cherry Barbs (seen at
    Tiong Bahru and Tempines) don't look like those bigger and playful Cherry Barbs with pink shiny scales that I know of. Different strains ??" - any clue ??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry ... the pink and shiny scaled fish shd be Rosy Barbs. My mistake.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Peter, I think those barbs attack plants, watch it.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Rams don't stand a chance !

Guys where to get quality but cheap Rams and how to take care of em' bec i'm new to Rams.Can they be kept with discus?

Thanks all.[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u can try normal rams, they r cheaper.. holland rams ard $10.. check out Tiong bahru.. and yes, they can be kept with discus

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cheap and quality Rams i suggest not Ben....ben's Ram do have torn fin and white spots...thats what i've seen. Can try Gen-x will be more expensive but healtier .
    Cheers!

Benetay