Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Please advise me bro

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Updated tank video

your tank is very cloudy. how long has it been running? it's better to provide more information about your tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

For some reason, I think the tank has a green water bloom.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Should try not turning on the lights for afew days.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ciaossu View Post
    your tank is very cloudy. how long has it been running? it's better to provide more information about your tank.
    Thank you bro I did something very risky. I shifted the gravel and dumped the soil in a corner hence the water is cloudy. I just did a water change and it is slight better. Waiting for next week for the next week change. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    For some reason, I think the tank has a green water bloom.
    Thanks bro, I used to have a yellow water problem. Any products to clear the water? Thank you

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by deone View Post
    Should try not turning on the lights for afew days.
    Thanks bro Cheers

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by intelsys View Post
    Thanks bro, I used to have a yellow water problem. Any products to clear the water? Thank you
    yellow water problem? did you use peat or ketapang leaves? they are known to stain the water, but they are good for lowering PH and create a suitable environment for Cherry, Sakura alike shrimps. So if your water is yellowish due to that reason, it can't be help except WC.

Pardon me for saying this, you seems to have a lot of gadget hanging on your tank....LOL total 4 fans??? IMHO, more fan does not mean lower temperature...fan can only help to lower 1-3 degrees Celsius from ambient temperature...so even if you put 10 fans, the temperature will not go lower but your evaporation will be very high...

From the video, it looks like muddy water... due to your fiddling with soil right? normally, the muddy water can be clear by a mechanical filter within hours...btw, you are only using the satellite breeding box as filter? IMO, you should at least invest on a HOF,helps to clean the water and ...

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Some pictures today

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    yellow water problem? did you use peat or ketapang leaves? they are known to stain the water, but they are good for lowering PH and create a suitable environment for Cherry, Sakura alike shrimps. So if your water is yellowish due to that reason, it can't be help except WC.

Pardon me for saying this, you seems to have a lot of gadget hanging on your tank....LOL total 4 fans??? IMHO, more fan does not mean lower temperature...fan can only help to lower 1-3 degrees Celsius from ambient temperature...so even if you put 10 fans, the temperature will not go lower but your evaporation will be very high...

From the video, it looks like muddy water... due to your fiddling with soil right? normally, the muddy water can be clear by a mechanical filter within hours...btw, you are only using the satellite breeding box as filter? IMO, you should at least invest on a HOF,helps to clean the water and ...
    Dear bro,

Thank you very much for your good advise. I ran out of money hence the breeding tank is converted to an external filter and colony for good BB.

I am just testing it out. Still resisting the idea of buying a chiller :P Hence, there are so many fans. I am doing water top bro

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yellowish water is usually caused by tannins leached out by driftwood or rotting leaves, especially from the ketapang tree.

To know whether this is a green water problem, take a sample and looking at it with a white background, you will notice the greenish tint. If that is the case, then the use of a UV filter or adding Moina aka "boon" to this tank will be the best options. The other option is a 4 day blackout of the tank, which may not go down well with your plants or shrimps. Disturbing the original gravel bed and adding in fresh soil may cause green water blooms.

Since you said the Satellite is your only filter, I'd suggest you upgrade to a proper HOF soon or at the very least a large sponge filter.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yellowish water is usually caused by tannins leached out by driftwood or rotting leaves, especially from the ketapang tree.

To know whether this is a green water problem, take a sample and looking at it with a white background, you will notice the greenish tint. If that is the case, then the use of a UV filter or adding Moina aka "boon" to this tank will be the best options. The other option is a 4 day blackout of the tank, which may not go down well with your plants or shrimps. Disturbing the original gravel bed and adding in fresh soil may cause green water blooms.

Since you said the Satellite is your only filter, I'd suggest you upgrade to a proper HOF soon or at the very least a large sponge filter.
    Thank you bro for your advice, actually I have a GEX slim filter and an internal mechanical filter. The breeding tank is used as another additional option to create good BB.

Thank you for your help bro I think that I will get Mr Cleaner gravel cleaner to clean the gravel.

I am really a newbie and is trying my best to make things work. :P

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Updated tank video, the tank cleared up alot due to the good BB that I was cultivating.

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Try to remove those plastic pots inside the tank. The wool insides sometimes contain ferts that are harmful to the shrimp.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
    Try to remove those plastic pots inside the tank. The wool insides sometimes contain ferts that are harmful to the shrimp.
    Thank you very much bro, I am taking them out now

I am using a glass jug to put my ice packs, very low tech way to reduce temp without a chiller. It may induce a temperature shock but so far keeping my fingers cross and it is alright.

I can only go for very hardy shrimps:

1) Cherry Red
    2) Green
    3) Tiger (not exact hardy)
    4) Yamato
    5) Orange
    6) Yellow

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The plant right at the back beside your pagoda is a Dracaena species. You should not leave it in the tank because it's not a true aquatic plant.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The plant right at the back beside your pagoda is a Dracaena species. You should not leave it in the tank because it's not a true aquatic plant.
    Thank you bro Do you have any recommendation? I need a hardy plant that looks nice and is taller than my pagoda bro Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Try Java Fern, pretty easy plant They usually sell them in 3 types, shorter leaf, long leaf and the Windelov form. I think in your case, the longer leaf is better. I bought those at C328 for $2 or $3 each, tied on wood.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Try Java Fern, pretty easy plant They usually sell them in 3 types, shorter leaf, long leaf and the Windelov form. I think in your case, the longer leaf is better. I bought those at C328 for $2 or $3 each, tied on wood.
    Thank you very much bro, I got most of my stuff from C328. I will look out for Java Fern from C328.

Does the Java fern need soil? Sorry newbie question.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

They don't need soil to grow, just need a surface to grow on. You shouldn't bury the roots in the substrate. Typically they come tied to small pieces of driftwood or coconut husks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast